livetv through vuplus plugin

vortexdk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

vortexdk

Hello Im trying to retrieve channels from my vuplus solo4K tuner running openvix 6

I have tried both the HDHR tuner proxy and now I'm trying to get "native" vu plus plugin to work.

I can see in the logs that emby is able to connect to the settop box but no channels are showing up, and I'm trying to figure out where its going wrong.

I have epg sources from the rytec xml tv from here:

https://github.com/doglover3920/EPGimport-Sources/blob/main/rytec.sources.xml

I have inserted the direct link for danish tv as three individual xmltv sources

I have also looked into this docker container https://hub.docker.com/r/alishchytovych/enigmalivetv

but info on setting it up with docker compose is pretty limited so I havent been able to get it running yet.

home someone can help

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Hi, at least one of your xml sources is not valid xml. Try removing them and then seeing if that helps your channels show up.

vortexdk

removing all the xmltv links appears to have fixed the issue of no channels showing up.

no I just have figure out if I can match the content of the xmltv files to the channels

9 minutes ago, vortexdk said:

the xmltv files I can download from rytec are all zipped in these .xz files http://epg.vuplus-community.net/rytecDK_Basic.xz that conrains a file with the same name without any file type name, will these work in emby or do the have to named and formatted in a certain way?

Hi, can you try it and let us know?

@vortexdkas a test, if you download the file first, then point the xmltv setup to the file, how does that compare?

vortexdk

Sorry for the late answer, long working hours these two weeks. I will defiantly try that when get home next week.

One thing I did notice but didn't have time to note here is that on the channel list where I can select vu+ as a data source and suddenly all my channels started populating with data but if I open the channel again nothing is selected and in the channels list it says "not mapped to guide data" on all channels

Screenshot_20230525-032602.png

Edited by vortexdk

1 hour ago, vortexdk said:

Sorry for the late answer, long working hours these two weeks. I will defiantly try that when get home next week.

One thing I did notice but didn't have time to note here is that on the channel list where I can select vu+ as a data source and suddenly all my channels started populating with data but if I open the channel again nothing is selected and in the channels list it says "not mapped to guide data" on all channels

Screenshot_20230525-032602.png

Hi, where exactly does it show nothing selected?

vortexdk

In the channel manager, lbut some data is showing in the epg. Though some info is now missing, for some reason but this setup is still a work in progress.

Screenshot_20230526-095911.png

Screenshot_20230526-095903.png

Screenshot_20230526-100149.png

• 2 weeks later...
vortexdk

no the ones you see missing are also missing from the STB due to the current configuration of the STB where it is pulling EPG from the satellite instead of online. so the emby and vuplus matches.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke

the channels list still reports as no mapped guide data even though all channels I have data for are populated.

Since the VuPlus plugin doesn't have any settings for adjusting EPG and picons (they are missing for some reason), I cant do much other than make adjustments directly on the STB to fix the missing EPG and change the location of the picons, as it looks like the location is hardcoded in the plugin.

But I actually have another problem that has persisted since i started setting up the livetv function.

every time I start playing at livetv channel, playback will start but the server will report "recovering from playback error".

I was lead on to this being a problem because I was trying to figure out why automatic activation of subtitles wasnt working, which they still arent.

I have attached servewr log an ffmpeg log from starting livetv this morning.

hope you can help me figure it out

ffmpeg-remux-7d9fbd7f-094a-41e8-8c3d-eda9cbd123d5_1.txt embyserver(2).txt

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 5:35 AM, vortexdk said:

Hi Luke

the channels list still reports as no mapped guide data even though all channels I have data for are populated.

Since the VuPlus plugin doesn't have any settings for adjusting EPG and picons (they are missing for some reason), I cant do much other than make adjustments directly on the STB to fix the missing EPG and change the location of the picons, as it looks like the location is hardcoded in the plugin.

But I actually have another problem that has persisted since i started setting up the livetv function.

every time I start playing at livetv channel, playback will start but the server will report "recovering from playback error".

I was lead on to this being a problem because I was trying to figure out why automatic activation of subtitles wasnt working, which they still arent.

I have attached servewr log an ffmpeg log from starting livetv this morning.

hope you can help me figure it out

ffmpeg-remux-7d9fbd7f-094a-41e8-8c3d-eda9cbd123d5_1.txt 92 kB · 0 downloads embyserver(2).txt 270.44 kB · 0 downloads

@vortexdk

Hi, there is nothing hardcoded about the picons location. It is using the vuplus api to get the images. Does that answer your your question on that? That's why there's no setting to configure it, because it's not needed.

vortexdk
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@vortexdk

Hi, there is nothing hardcoded about the picons location. It is using the vuplus api to get the images. Does that answer your your question on that? That's why there's no setting to configure it, because it's not needed.

ok maybe the OS im running on the STB is using a  different location than the API is reporting, I'm running Openvix currently, I did try removing and installing the picons on both the internal memori and on the harddrive on the STB, both works locally but noting showed up in emby? now I ended up just installing the picons manyally on the emby server and for now, this works perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Regarding the direct play error, 

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

thanks Ill try that when I return home in 2 weeks, I'm running the emby client on a 2019 nvidia shield pro, if that has any interest.

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Nent

In the past days, I was encountering simular issue: using a VU+ UNOI-4K, Emby v4.7.14.0, the most recent VU-plus plugin: all >400 channels were easily available and after waiting, also the EPG data was available, but:

• NO channel icons-logo's 
  • TV-series info was not available although in my normal TV, the same provider has TV-series data available... why not in Emby via the VU+ UNO-4K ? 
  • Not mapped to guide data isse: even trying to edit it in the live-TV channels, setting: you can edit it, but it is not saved....bug ?
  • image.png.14b2e3ed1aec0ad72ed838f40ef617ad.png

Please note that the VU+ UNO-4k has a great technology on board with it DVB-C FSB tuner (with CI card reader with my Ziggo provider card): many TV-channels can be seen/recorded in parallel in great Full-HD quality with good bandwidth....far better then a IPTV solution....and more-or-less legal !

Are both issue due to bugs in this VU+ plugin or...?, would using a seperate EPG provider be a solution ? (I'm afraid of database cluttering, as I experimented with it and finally had to rebuild the library.db database.....)

Please find a solution !

Thanks & best regards, Peter

Edited by Peter Nent

4 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

TV-series info was not available although in my normal TV, the same provider has TV-series data available... why not in Emby via the VU+ UNO-4K ? 

Does the vuplus guide data supply that?

3 hours ago, Peter Nent said:

Dear Luke, good question....how can I check this myselves ?

Grtz, Peter

I would check in VuPlus and see what data it has.

Peter Nent

In order to TEST another EPG-data (instead of EPG-data coming from VU+UNO-4K), I like to test one of the open-source alternatives...

BUT: as I already had te refresh / re-index the whole EMBY database last weekend, I'm afraid to 'clutter' the database again by testing it.....or can anyone inform me how big this chance of  database cluttering again is ?

Grtz, Peter  

Peter Nent
On 10/24/2023 at 10:20 PM, Luke said:

I would check in VuPlus and see what data it has.

I've checked the VUplus EPG data: indeed, it doesn't contain any TV-series data, nor does it contain any TV-station logo/icons.....

After you (Luke) confirmed that 'I think you will be fine', I installed the M3U TV Tuner and the XMLtv plugin's. I activated the:

1. Guide data source with an payed IPTV guide: that solved the EPG issue of my VUplus UNO-4K: noow, all TV-station logo/icon's are available again !
  2. Besides the VUplus UNO-4K TV Source, I added a payed IPTV TV Source: a huge amount of Labels and beneath that Channels are extra available

By defining a new label by hand and choosing the channels from the IPTV TV source and VUplus UNO-4K source, I noow can make my own ideal channel list of TV channels in a combination of:

• the high-end / high quality VUplus UNO-4K and
  • the moderate IPTV channels: great !

Thanks & best regards,

Peter

• Thanks 1