No sound when playing on Android TV

KodiaK

KodiaK

Hello, 

I have an issue I've never had before. 

When playing a video file which is using DTS sound encoding I have no sound in the Android App. If I play the same file on the PC (through Emby) the sound is there.

I was under the impression that emby supports DTS audio. Am I wrong or is there something wrong in my config?

This is what I see in emby dashboard

embydashboard.PNG

Hi. We support anything the outbound equipment does.  Are you sure it is all DTS?  Do other items have the same issue?

There should be a setting in the app playback settings of whether or not to pass DTS on.

KodiaK

The TV supports DTS, the sound bar connected to the TV (Sony HT-RT4) also supports DTS. What do you mean by "app playback settings"?. I looked in the emby app settings, but could not find any setting related to DTS. 

15 hours ago, KodiaK said:

The TV supports DTS, the sound bar connected to the TV (Sony HT-RT4) also supports DTS

If that is the case, then under the settings in the app - Playback Settings, there will be an option for DTS and DTS-HD.  If those options are not there, it means your system is not reporting support for DTS.

Can you please play an item with a DTS track for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

KodiaK

I found the settings you mentioned. If I uncheck DTS passthrough and DTS-HD passthrough I get back the sound. However in the dashboard it still says direct play (no sound transcoding). 

7 hours ago, KodiaK said:

I found the settings you mentioned. If I uncheck DTS passthrough and DTS-HD passthrough I get back the sound. However in the dashboard it still says direct play (no sound transcoding). 

Correct - the app is decoding it internally.