Emby for Kodi PVR

Mill1899

Mill1899

Hi all

I realise this has been asked for in previous years about proper PVR support in Kodi from Emby.

I'm a somewhat new Emby user (3months in and so far enjoying my experience) and I would love to be rid of using the other backend software I have for live tv (tvheadend in this case).

My full media library is in Emby and am hoping to get all my live TV networks through Emby as well, then have those show up in Kodi natively. So far I have setup my live tv providers/epg etc. and they come across into Kodi fine using the solution of  "Simple IPTV PVR Client" in Kodi and running that "Live TV Sync" however I am missing the ability to set recordings.. moreover things like timeshift seem to be very hit and miss. Recordings seem to work if I go through the emby web interface however but aren't able to be done through Kodi itself which I hope is just user fault on my end however if not is this going to happen sometime.. I am hoping so!

Thanks for the great piece of software so far. I'm currently on a monthly subscription =)