Downloads not appearing in 'downloads folder"

sopers

sopers

Screenshot_20230513_082903_Emby.thumb.jpg.0b1c4ae2494a9b7c215884d69018a038.jpgScreenshot_20230513_082910_Emby.thumb.jpg.de3f0f6c386ca10b1dccbd0d2c58ba3c.jpgScreenshot_20230513_082915_Emby.thumb.jpg.0f0b662db55129fe60226af3d388b4c3.jpgHi,

When I download my music play list it doesn't appear in my downloads on the app.

I can see that it has been downloaded when a check 'manage downloads'

I've tried changing location from 'internal device to external' 

Also tried deleting download and redownloading it. Even set up new play list.

But still no luck it just shows no contents in the download folder. 

• 3 weeks later...
sopers

Still having this issue if anyone has any ideas? Tried videos they download and work fine. Tried creating a you music library but no difference. Still having the same issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

@soperscan you please try cancelling the download, then download one song and see if it is successful. Please let us know the result of that.

Also have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.13?

sopers

Hi Luke, 

I tried one song at a time no luck.

Tried downloading music videos. (That worked fine).

I deleted my music and created a new folder. No difference.

So I started the new server on a new mac M1.

Still the same issue.

1 hour ago, sopers said:

Hi Luke, 

I tried one song at a time no luck.

Tried downloading music videos. (That worked fine).

I deleted my music and created a new folder. No difference.

So I started the new server on a new mac M1.

Still the same issue.

What exactly happened?

sopers

Hey Luke,

I attached a screen shot originally on my first message

Phone advised downloaded,

Music folder (appears) like normal

open the music folder - No items found

bobaldis

@Luke

Hi,

I too am experiencing the frustrating "Stuck at Transfer" issues that a number of other users seem to be experiencing, is there anything I can do/provide to assist in diagnosing and resolving this issue?

My set-up:

Emby Version 4.8.0.39 beta running on Synology NAS - DS918+ - DSM 7.2-64561

Pixel 7 - Android 13 - Build TQ3A.230605.012

This is happening when downloading in original quality or changing the bit rate.

Although from memory this issue has been evident across other phones/Android versions.

I just uninstalled Emby from my phone, reinstalled and it signed back in without prompting for login details (?) and the downloads were in the same state, I went into manage downloads and deleted both entries (2 series), but this seemed to start one of them to download some episodes, deleted all downloads.

Uninstalled Emby again, rebooted the phone too this time, (prompt to allow notifications again, forgot to mention above) but still signed in with requesting credentials again!

I've set the following Download Settings:
Series 1 - Quality original, download unplayed videos only, automatically download new content, item limit 4, and the next 4 unwatched episodes downloaded without issue.

Series 2 - Quality original, download unplayed videos only, automatically download new content, item limit 5, and the next 5 unwatched episodes downloaded without issue.

I'll monitor usage over the next few days of use and update this post.

NB One of the things I'd like to be able to do is force a synchronisation when required (this may not be necessary if the automatic feature becomes prompt and faultless, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Bob 

bobaldis

@LukeThe good news is on my phone I watched one downloaded episode from 1 series and partially watched one from another series when I got home the watched downloaded episode was replaced with the next one.

The bad news is syncing of partially watched episodes between downloaded and "live" is hit and miss, earlier in the evening on my LG TV Emby client to test I watched just over 5 mins of an episode "live" from the "Continue Watching" option it offered a resume and showed the progress bar, a few hours later on my phone I started to watch the downloaded version but it didn't pick up from where the LG Client finished and has now also reset the "Continue Watching" on the Emby LG TV Client also.

I'll update you with further status, probably Friday after my commute.

BTW After a manual scan of the Library completed the watched status in "Continue Watching" has returned.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63824198400.txt

Edited by bobaldis

sopers

I still having my issue I've tried downloading on and iPad, iPhone & android phone now all having this issue. I have noticed when trying to download my music playlist on different device they all have different Qty in the playlist not sure why (?) they all download, but they just don't appear in the download folder and I cannot access offline music. Videos and movie work fine could there be a setting in my server that's incorrect? I have also found to get them to start downloading for the "ready to transfer" I have to completely close the app and go back into the app - then manage downloads and they start transferring.

sopers

Hey Luke,

With my downloads I set to be downloaded external on my device. The folders are on my phone, bit still not in my downloads in emby, it's like the emby folder has the wrong folder path when looking for the music. Can this be changed? Or could the folder have a wrong folder name? 

2 hours ago, sopers said:

Hey Luke,

With my downloads I set to be downloaded external on my device. The folders are on my phone, bit still not in my downloads in emby, it's like the emby folder has the wrong folder path when looking for the music. Can this be changed? Or could the folder have a wrong folder name? 

Hi, can you please describe what you mean in more detail? thanks.

sopers

Hey Luke, 

So my music has downloaded from Emby to my phone (download my playlist to externally on my device). On my PHONE I can go to downloads "Emby_download" "Music"  and see all music folders. This is not in Emby app but on my phone. So I know Emby is downloading the music as I can play music directly from my phone "not Emby app". In Emby app I can see under download the folder 'Music" but once opened no music image.jpeg.08ecbc7028dca49e365ec06692b11c8f.jpegimage.jpeg.09d11387263fde07484dfcd61eb49cdc.jpegimage.jpeg.ad56645ec1765e666db679fb20516e36.jpegas per screen shot no music) 

• 1 month later...

Hi Luke,

Have you had any luck?

I have notice that on the app you can no longer select " play office media over online contents" or something like that. Not sure if that helps. Just getting over not having music to listen to offline is been over month or so now.

Do you think the issue is with the app or the server?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

Could my issue be with my emby lifetime key?

Not allowing to download offline media?

Could you generate other key to try?

Hi @soperscan you update to Emby for iOS 2.2.12, download something new, and then let me know if you still have this issue? Thanks !

Hi Luke,

Emby version is 4.7.14.0 (M1, M2)

App Version on phone Android 3.3.07

Still no different - is can get offline Video, TV series and movies. Just not Music across all devices

Hi Luke

yes updated to 3.3.29

Keep in mind this happens on all my devices iPads, iPhone and android phone.

Im thinking problem might be with my server/ my media/ my key/missing plug in? any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
Arthessia

Hi

I'm not the only one facing that issue :)

ok I can maybe add my analysis here. It looks the issue is linked to music's without artist / album metadata. Yes ! I've musics that does not have metadata (home made music's or just sounds or old music's I found on my old computer...)

Btw, we can play the music by clicking on the random icon (to listen randomly the music. But you won't find them on the interface).

I hope it will help!

Thanks!

Arthessia

Just adding photos here. You need to look at the Maiden Voyage music which is not appearing on the interface but runnable via random button (it is a sea of thieves music I bought on Steam :P)

Screenshot_20230925-183248.png

Screenshot_20230925-183251.png

Screenshot_20230925-183316.png

• 2 months later...