Downloads showing on home page but the items have been long deleted?

F1nchy

F1nchy

On my Android tablet Emby always shows two old episodes of an Alan Partridge TV show at the top of my Emby home page. Both of these were deleted from the device as well as from my Emby server a long time ago, but for ages they've still been on the home page. They were on the device as downloads at one point, but that was a few years ago. 

Any ideas how to get rid of them? I'd have asked before but kept forgetting....!

Thanks

InkedScreenshot_20230507_104621_Emby.jpg

Tremas

I had a similar issue on an Android tablet recently. Going into the Android settings and deleting the cache for the application seemed to clear it up for me. Maybe try that first and report back.

Tremas

Glad it worked!

Still, this is probably something that should get looked at as a bug. I don't think manually clearing the cache is the intended process after deleting a download.

• 2 weeks later...
F1nchy

Via the Emby app. I'd downloaded them to watch offline and just removed them from the app after I watched them, but also deleted them from my collection, last summer. Emby server automatically removed them but they still showed up on my mobile devices. They've shown up since then, I've just forgotten to ask about it as by the time I've watched something else I've forgotten!

All gone now, thankfully!

Edited by F1nchy

• 2 weeks later...

What version of the server are you on? Can you get this to happen with 4.7.13+?

F1nchy

I removed them using the advice from tremas, I only really put stuff on the device if we're going away so rarely use it like that so not tested if it does it again. 

• 3 months later...
Fender1978

I am having this issue on my Galaxy S22 Ultra.

I have cleared the android app cache but download thumbnail remains on emby homescreen and then when I click on thumbnail it opens a black, blank screen with the message: Content no longer available.

I have also signed out and signed back in as a refresh attempt.

Emby android app: 3.3.29

Emby Server: 4.7.14.0