Moving Emby to another drive

richardyu301

richardyu301

Can someone please advise how to move Emby app to another drive?

I have backup files already (done under "Backup & Restore).   Does it mean I can simply install one new version in the new drive and then restore using the backup file?    Are there any other things missing?

richardyu301

Thank you for the quick response.

In fact I only have to move the Emby package app to another drive.   No need to move library to another drive.  These two posts seem to be about moving library instead.

Does it mean that I can simply handle in below way:

- uninstall current package

- install Emby again in the new drive

- run restore to keep existing database / settings

richardyu301

I have uninstalled Emby and reinstalled.  Surprisingly I am not asked to set up server name/password info and can still see the libraries.    The libraries are empty and I can't find Backup&Restore.   And I am not able to locate Backup&Restore in Plugins/Catalog so can't download it too.

My doubt is there are remaining settings files so I uninstalled again and tried to delete the folder EmbyServer in /var/packages/.   But the folder is no longer available so already deleted upon uninstallation.    

What should I do now? @Carlo

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 1:31 AM, richardyu301 said:

I have uninstalled Emby and reinstalled.  Surprisingly I am not asked to set up server name/password info and can still see the libraries.    The libraries are empty and I can't find Backup&Restore.   And I am not able to locate Backup&Restore in Plugins/Catalog so can't download it too.

My doubt is there are remaining settings files so I uninstalled again and tried to delete the folder EmbyServer in /var/packages/.   But the folder is no longer available so already deleted upon uninstallation.    

What should I do now?

@richardyu301what do you still have from the old installation?