General Notifications for Apps

dougw03

dougw03

Hello,

I may get roasted for this, but can someone explain to me why can't we have basic push notifications for the Emby apps? I don't want to install plugins and jump through hoops just to get a simple push notification when new media is added to my library. A simple Android notification for my phone and a chrome browser notification for my PC is all I'm asking for here. Does it really need to be this complicated? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
Jack Burton
On 5/10/2023 at 10:03 PM, dougw03 said:

Hello,

I may get roasted for this, but can someone explain to me why can't we have basic push notifications for the Emby apps? I don't want to install plugins and jump through hoops just to get a simple push notification when new media is added to my library. A simple Android notification for my phone and a chrome browser notification for my PC is all I'm asking for here. Does it really need to be this complicated? 

I came here looking for exactly this. Additionally, it would be great to have a "subscribe" type option. For example, I want all the notifications as admin, however, it would drive my girlfriend nuts (she has bad taste and is missing out on so much haha). She could mark "subscribe" or something to certain shows, and get alerts when new episodes get added, but she won't get bombarded with notifications about the new What We Do in the Shadows episode, or blasted with 11 notifications about each new ep of Solar Opposites I just added.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
SuperSami77

Hello,
Is this feature planned for 2024?
The idea of subscribing to movies or series to know when a new episode is available natively would be great!
I'm a new emby user and the app is great!

thank a lot for all !! :)

23 hours ago, SuperSami77 said:

Hello,
Is this feature planned for 2024?
The idea of subscribing to movies or series to know when a new episode is available natively would be great!
I'm a new emby user and the app is great!

thank a lot for all !! :)

Hi, we'd like to do this in the near future, yes.