Scrolling before tiles load data makes rotten tomatoes at 91% show up

speechles

image.png.47b6b4dedf62a263876b75cee41b54fa.png

This happens when you scroll down into the app before tiles have loaded any data. They always have the rotten tomato at 91% for everything until it loads.

What is odd is if you do this going up once you move down it just shows the placeholder and no rotten tomato. Since the data is already loaded it scrolls correctly. It seems for some reason the initial value for that rotten tomato placeholder is 91. Whenever you go to scroll down into new unpopulated data there is that tomato with the 91%.

@LukeDo you know why? It just seems so odd to always be 91.. lol.

Edited by speechles

Interesting. How exactly do you get this to happen? What version of the app are you on?

Version 3.2.92 of the Android app.

To make it happen enable both community and critic rating. So that they show up. Now scroll quickly downward so fast it blurs on by. The placeholders are there but then so is that 91% rotten tomato. It isn't visible for long once you stop scrolling. It fills it pretty quick. But it is odd as you continue to scroll down and the placeholders show that the 91% shows too.

I can make this happen on my Samsung S20FE.

Edited by speechles

I am presently on the latest. It shows no update available. Do I wait for the next update?

Just now, Luke said:

Yes or sideload it.

Is there a Beta I should be using? Where is the latest?

seanbuff

This happens to me in the webapp, started in one of the recent server betas, but haven't been able to pinpoint it.

So don't think it's exclusive to Android.

• 3 months later...

@LukeSame issue still exists in latest Android Beta via link on the page you provided for ARM64. No new screenshot for android since it would just be the same image i've already shown.

image.png.4db783858b058005f2c62006946e7a12.png

The web app shown above definitely has the same issue. The placeholders default to 91% on the rotten tomato. The metadata must be reading this value from somewhere to apply to this when loading placeholders. It doesn't appear for very long and only happens when you scroll very quickly. But it does seem odd that only that field is populated in with a default value when showing placeholders. This bug happens across platforms.

Edited by speechles

28 minutes ago, speechles said:

@LukeSame issue still exists in latest Android Beta via link on the page you provided for ARM64. No new screenshot for android since it would just be the same image i've already shown.

image.png.4db783858b058005f2c62006946e7a12.png

The web app shown above definitely has the same issue. The placeholders default to 91% on the rotten tomato. The metadata must be reading this value from somewhere to apply to this when loading placeholders. It doesn't appear for very long and only happens when you scroll very quickly. But it does seem odd that only that field is populated in with a default value when showing placeholders. This bug happens across platforms.

What version number?

49 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version number?

From the Web app:

image.png.bd969e1cf1b26bef7cd57053f434e11a.png

From the Android app:

image.png.eaf1e796b691fd20cc80a7b1e7424ce3.png

• Thanks 1