How can I remove the annoying pop up when 1 episode ends

thesnappysneezer
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

thesnappysneezer

I had some computer issues so I have not been fooling around with Emby for a while. I am back at it, watching a show. I previously had it set up to where it just went to the next episode without any of those annoying pop ups that show up early annoyingly asking me to skip to the next episode or continue watching. This really wrecks the viewing experience, especially with cartoon shorts. I just want the next episode to start when the episode playing ends, that is after the credits. I would never ever skip credits for tv shows or films. Sometimes there are things playing during or after those. Also these pop ups can come on when things are still rolling for things that just end in The End. It really destroys the experience. I do not want this pop up. I know I was able to turn off those useless popups, but how do I do it? 

Edited by thesnappysneezer

• Solution
Spaceboy

you want to look for an option described like that circled below under playback optionsimage.thumb.png.fac8685753dcef4bef70082121af815a.png

This option will also be in the next update to the Emby Apple TV app. Thanks.

thesnappysneezer

I did disable that option on my computer, but it still has that bug when watching on AppleTV. I look forward to the update, but I can’t really enjoy things when this happens. 

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg

9 hours ago, thesnappysneezer said:

I did disable that option on my computer, but it still has that bug when watching on AppleTV. I look forward to the update, but I can’t really enjoy things when this happens. 

IMG_3244.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg

When did it come on during the episode? 

thesnappysneezer

There was probably a minute or two left in it. It is unwanted in any circumstances. I just tried to run another one to see specifically where it happened but it seems like changing the setting must have worked after all, though it did not initially, so it seems like my problem is resolved. I have to say, I really do not understand why streaming services do that. I have been complaining at HBOMax for making their Looney Tunes presentations unwatchable due to this and they just tried to troubleshoot it as a technical error, when it was clearly something they purposely put in there thinking they were helping audiences while actually hurting some of them. They were trying to get me to disable the play next altogether too. They did not see the bug as the problem, and they had a hard time understanding that I wanted the next episode to play, I just did not want an on screen prompt to skip ahead. Those services will also make pop ups of suggested viewing to watch next when movies are playing. Some will try to start other random shows when watching a last episode and do this while credits are rolling, or while things are still happening on screen. Paramount + did this when I was watching Ghosts the other day. This seems to be a standard streaming “feature” aka problem, among many companies. There must be a timed blanket response considered the average length of a modern tv show credits, but that doesn’t hold true to older tv shows and definitely does not hold true to animated shorts. Disney does this too. I do not understand why anyone would want this feature, but I want easy ways to disable it while continuing to play the next title in a sequence. Also, if it must exist, then it should be timed for specific case by case needs. I do appreciate the customer service and general help from the community here over dealing with HBOMax’s customer service, and I appreciate that Emby has the option to disable that feature. 

Edited by thesnappysneezer

Did you make sure to restart the Emby Apple TV app after changing option? In other words completely close it out rather than just backing in and out.