Emby not responding to hardware back button.

Fender1978
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Fender1978

Hi,

I'm really sorry if this has been posted already but I have searched the forum but to no avail.

I'm using Emby for Android v3.3.03 on Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

The issue is that Emby isn't responding to certain hardware back button presses.

An example is when I long click a movie poster and click Edit Images and then click on the magnifying glass to view images from different sources. I'll then press the hardware back button but the new overlay style isn't respecting the hardware back button presses, so the Emby UI behind the overlay goes back but the edit images overlay is still there in the foreground.

It's been driving me crazy because often I'll press the hardware back button and accidentally exit emby entirely because the overlay UI stays in place and I can't see that I'm now on the home screen and about to exit.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Hi, is this the first version you installed? Did previous versions do this?

Fender1978

Hi,

I've used emby for years and this is the first time I've encountered this issue so I believe its the latest iteration causing the issue. (My play store is set to auto update so I hadn't realised emby had updated).

I've attached a screen recording with the issue and have included screen presses.

Thanks.

OK so that's a dialog. What about if you go into a video detail screen and then try to use the back button there? How does that compare?

Fender1978

If I just click on a movie on the homescreen to view it's details and press the back button, it does return me to the homescreen.

I have however realised since that it doesn't even need me to go into any poster info for the overlay to remain on screen. If I just long press on a movie poster to bring up a dialog and press the back button, it exits emby.

Video attached. You can also see my screen presses.

• Solution

Thanks, I can reproduce. I'm pretty sure this is isolated to dialogs on the home screen. We're looking into it.

• Like 1