Emby doesn't find content in library

herobucket

herobucket

I recently installed Emby on a Synology DS420+. I gave Emby Read/Write permission to the applicable folder and added a library pointing to the applicable folder. The media showed up correctly in Emby.

After about a week, the new media I added to the folder stopped showing up in Emby. I deleted the library and added it back, and now nothing shows up.

I've tried reinstalling Emby. I can add media to a different folder with the same permissions, and that media shows up in Emby. I can play the media correctly from the correct folder with Plex. I can see the folder in Emby when I go to create a new library, but Emby always says "No items found."

herobucket

The folder MovieCrypt is where the content is. I created the folder MyShares to see if it would find the content in that folder, and it does correctly find the file I uploaded to that folder. Both folders have identical permissions in the Synology Control Panel.

GrimReaper

You have permission issues:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/MovieCrypt' is denied.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Have you set emby System Internal User permissions as per:

Edited by GrimReaper

herobucket

1.PNG.2ebf1c5b685eda52d111e782914224e1.PNG2.PNG.fe855ed8076d0cd5477c20068cc69a0d.PNGYes, Emby has permission to the folder, and the same permission as the other folder that works

It looks like you did it correctly for TVCrypt but the server is still being denied access to MovieCrypt. What's the difference between those two?

herobucket

The permissions are the same in the Synology Control Panel. As far as I know I did everything the same, and they were working the same for a while, but then MovieCrypt just stopped updating, and then didn't show anything when I recreated the Emby library.

3.PNG

FrostByte

Shared folder permissions look good.  Did you check file level permissions also and compare the two?

herobucket

Yes, I have the same file in both folders. If I look at that file in each folder in File Station > Properties > Permission they both have inherited the same parent Read & Write permission for Emby.

herobucket

Not exactly. I just moved everything to a different folder, so I can now access it all, but I never figured out why it wasn't finding it in the other folder.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
anedelea

Hi,

Hopefully it is ok to post my query here. I have limited technical knowledge and I'm struggling to point emby to by synology nas shared folder. Have poured through all the topics on here but cannot find the answer.

I'm using an external laptop to run emby server and my media is on a separate synology nas machine (running version 7.2.1), both on the same home network.

In emby server, I'm trying to add a library but none of the folder paths I enter (have tried loads of different formats, including name and IP address) get accepted. 

The permissions in my nas seem to be in line with what emby team recommend where emby is granted read/write access.

I'm losing my mind, can anyone help please?

Thank you

Edited by anedelea