Advice on Emby Server + multiple Kodi clients

TugboatBill
Go to solution Solved by quickmic,

TugboatBill

I have 4 or 5 Kodi boxes (Libreelec) that are connected to my Emby server.  I have one issue - It seems my clients will randomly stop keeping the watched status in sync and I do sometimes see where the client isn't seeing new shows.  I've been removing the type of video, IE TV Shows in Emby config on the client and then re adding it.  It then syncs up and all is good.  Then, a few weeks later I have to do it again, usually (but not always) on another client.  

Is there a recommended way to keep all of the clients in sync?  Should I just plan on repairing & then remove & re add?  Is there a command line I could use under Libreelec so I could auromate it via cron?

Hi, have you tried EmbyCon as a lighter alternative that doesn’t require syncing?

TugboatBill

What do I lose going that way?  On my Kodi devices all I use Emby for is a centralized server for videos info.  I have the clients set up to use native paths so no transcoding.

11 minutes ago, TugboatBill said:

What do I lose going that way?  On my Kodi devices all I use Emby for is a centralized server for videos info.  I have the clients set up to use native paths so no transcoding.

You may lose some integration with some Kodi features but you'll still be able to sign in to your Emby Server and play your content.

quickmic
On 5/6/2023 at 10:46 PM, TugboatBill said:

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Which version of e4k did you use. 7.X or 8.X?

quickmic
2 hours ago, TugboatBill said:

I'm on the latest of Libreelec and Emby Next Gen.

I mean, do you use Emby Next Gen 8.X (beta) or 7.X (stable) version?

TugboatBill

Sorry, I really haven't had time to test.  I did move one client over onto EmbyCon last night.  It seemed to work ok, though I did notice I was missing some series artwork.  

TugboatBill

OK, I tried EmbyCon but nothing was syncing between that client and the others.  So I updated all my clients to Libreelec 11.0.1 and Beta 8.  They're all in sync right now so we'll see if they stay in sync.

• 2 weeks later...
TugboatBill

Other than a watched status issue (now fixed in 4.7.12.0) I seem to be good now.  We'll see how it does over time.

• Like 1

quickmic

Please send me a kodi.log after content should be updated. You need a reproducible test case. e.g. stop one box, play content on another. Wait 1 or 2 minutes and start the Box again.

According to you description, this box is not syncing watched content. Exactly that's a log I need for review.

Edited by quickmic