Emby Connect on TrueNAS Scale

FirstPugSupervisor

FirstPugSupervisor

Hello,

I am currently running an Emby Server container (Official, not TrueCharts) on TrueNAS scale and am having difficulties getting Emby Connect to work on it.  I have created a user account on the Emby Server, bound my Premier Key to the server and have set the Connect email address to the user I am trying to utilize.  I have gone through and deleted/removed Emby connect references from my other server which I was previously using.  

As it stands, when I open my Emby app on my iPhone (using a Cellular network to simulate remote access) it will show the servers on my Emby account; however, it only shows the local addresses of 192.168.0.33 and 192.168.0.34 but obviously I cannot access them.  Nothing with the remote WAN address appears. 

I am wondering if there is some trick to getting this configuration to work.  Can someone provide input on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks! 

FirstPugSupervisor
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you able to connect using the web app?

No, at least when it's outside of my local network.  If I'm on a device inside my local network; no issue, but if I am on another network (e.g. outside of my home) then it doesn't work. 

FirstPugSupervisor
9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That sounds like a general remote access issue. Have you gone through all the steps for External connections in KB article:

https://emby.media/support/articles/Remote-Setup.html

I have.  Ports are forwarded and remote connections are enabled.  I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the fact that internally Emby reports port 8096; however with TrueNAS Scale official apps, you cannot specify 8096 as the port and must use 9096.. 9

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, FirstPugSupervisor said:

I have.  Ports are forwarded and remote connections are enabled.  I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the fact that internally Emby reports port 8096; however with TrueNAS Scale official apps, you cannot specify 8096 as the port and must use 9096.. 9

Hi, are you using host networking mode? that should allow you to use any port.