requests

anontv

anontv

any chance we can get a lighter ver with no websocket servers, just api call to url and no scyning to library? with an easier to use menu for browsing content directly off server?

Search

Movies

Tv shows

Settings

maybe trakt or imdp intergration for easy menus that uses content found on server, like popular, trending.

The addon embycon is very confusing for most people to browse thro and the menus leave much to be desired when looking for something to play..

pünktchen

Are you talking about Embycon or Emby for Kodi, because Embycon doesn't have library synching. If it's really Embycon that you are using, have you tried the Embycon Estuary skin mod that gets installed also? That has simple direct entry points to movies and tv shows. And if you don't like the Esturay skin, every other skin has the possibility to create custom homescreen shortcuts to your prefered Emby sections. This is true for Embycon and Emby for Kodi! Both Kodi addons are really meant to be used via the addon browser.

pünktchen

Also your request implies that everyone wants to have IMDB and Trakt lists, which isn't true for sure.

pünktchen
Just now, anontv said:

i remenber embycon asking me to selcet librarys to sync

That was Emby for Kodi!

anontv

im saying it will make it easier for me to find content i didnt know i wanted to watch

anontv

then why does the addon need a constant connection to server? whats it listenting for? it only syncs artwork or something. it been years since i had to  change settings for my embycon but damn i remeber it asking me and i selecting no to everything. so what are the global lists for? multiple servers?

anontv

The get_imdb_id function extracts the IMDb ID from the movie or TV show object. The get_emby_content function queries the Emby server for content with the same IMDb ID. The link_up_content function links up the information from the Trakt API with the content found on the Emby server by iterating over the list of popular movies and TV shows and calling the get_imdb_id and get_emby_content functions for each movie or show. The linked content is stored in the linked_content list and returned by the link_up_content function.

anontv

def get_emby_server_url():
    # Retrieve the saved Emby server credentials
    emby_server_url = None
    try:
        # Attempt to retrieve the saved Emby server URL
        # ...
        emby_server_url = saved_emby_server_url
    except:
        # Handle any exceptions that may occur while retrieving the saved Emby server URL
        # ...

return emby_server_url

def create_popular_menu():
    api_key = 'your_trakt_api_key'
    emby_server_url = get_emby_server_url()

popular_movies_and_shows = get_popular_movies_and_shows(api_key)
    linked_content = link_up_content(popular_movies_and_shows, emby_server_url)

# Create the menu for popular movies and TV shows in EmbyCon
    for content in linked_content:
        # Add each piece of linked content to the menu
        # ...

def create_trending_menu():

trending_movies_and_shows = get_trending_movies_and_shows(api_key)
    linked_content = link_up_content(trending_movies_and_shows, emby_server_url)

# Create the menu for trending movies and TV shows in EmbyCon
        # ...

def create_on_air_menu():

on_air_shows = get_on_air_shows(api_key)
    linked_content = link_up_content(on_air_shows, emby_server_url)

# Create the menu for on air TV shows in EmbyCon
        # ...

def create_in_theaters_menu():

in_theaters_movies = get_in_theaters_movies(api_key)
    linked_content = link_up_content(in_theaters_movies, emby_server_url)

# Create the menu for in theaters movies in EmbyCon
        # ...

pünktchen
3 minutes ago, anontv said:

then why does the addon need a constant connection to server? whats it listenting for?

For example Websockets allow remote playback commands to be issued from other Emby apps and messages to be send from the server. But i'm sure there are other things why the addon needs a constant connection to the server.

8 minutes ago, anontv said:

so what are the global lists for?

All those lists can be used to create custom homescreen shortcuts or widgets.

anontv
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

For example Websockets allow remote playback commands to be issued from other Emby apps and messages to be send from the server. But i'm sure there are other things why the addon needs a constant connection to the server.

All those lists can be used to create custom homescreen shortcuts or widgets.

cache disabled on those menus? they look same in emby libraries menu

TeamB
12 minutes ago, anontv said:

then why does the addon need a constant connection to server? whats it listenting for? it only syncs artwork or something. it been years since i had to  change settings for my embycon but damn i remeber it asking me and i selecting no to everything. so what are the global lists for? multiple servers?

EmbyCon does not need websockets to function, in fact you can turn off remote control in the EmbyCon addon settings. Having websockets can assist in a few things like triggering refreshes of lists and widgets when new media is added but it is not needed for base functionality.

EmbyCon does not prompt you for options when installing.

pünktchen
1 minute ago, anontv said:

they look same in emby libraries menu

That is when you only have one Emby library of each content type. If you have multiple movie libraries for example, the will show up seperated under Emby libraries, but under Global lists it will show you all movies of all libraries together.

anontv
Just now, pünktchen said:

That is when you only have one Emby library of each content type. If you have multiple movie libraries for example, the will show up seperated under Emby libraries, but under Global lists it will show you all movies of all libraries together.

oh

anontv
1 minute ago, TeamB said:

EmbyCon does not need websockets to function, in fact you can turn off remote control in the EmbyCon addon settings. Having websockets can assist in a few things like triggering refreshes of lists and widgets when new media is added but it is not needed for base functionality.

EmbyCon does not prompt you for options when installing.

coulddnt that be triggered by the widget refreshing or disabling cahce on menus and user going back and in?

TeamB
Just now, anontv said:

coulddnt that be triggered by the widget refreshing or disabling cahce on menus and user going back and in?

that is what it does, the websocket receives the new media notification and triggers the refresh

anontv
3 minutes ago, TeamB said:

that is what it does, the websocket receives the new media notification and triggers the refresh

alot of skins do that when content is done playing or in time laspes. ive been using imdb helper to make menus and widgets and using the embycon player myself but alot of the time the setup freezes when using from widgets. im trying to avoid having to use imdp helper

Edited by anontv