Option for Samsung app to display poster in traditional style

SamuelWinsor

SamuelWinsor

So, will preface this by saying I’m not the world’s most articulate or technical person, so bear with me. When I started using Emby, I was using Emby Theater and opted for no backdrops on any media, instead using the main poster against the blue radiance background. At the time, the posters were displayed alongside the metadata and were large display. Now, both Theater and Samsung apps use the main poster as a centered backdrop instead with black bars on either side, placing it behind the metadata. Rather than go through the hassle of manually selecting backdrops for over three thousand items, proposing that there be a display option to go back to the traditional type view for those who don’t use backdrops, even though I imagine we’d be few and far between. I’ve added two pictures of how the two options look on a PC, just for example. Seeing as this option exists on PC, presumably it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement on other client apps. Let me know if you think this is doable. 

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

GrimReaper
29 minutes ago, SamuelWinsor said:

Rather than go through the hassle of manually selecting backdrops for over three thousand items

Why would you do that manually? Enable artwork type under Image fetchers in your library settings and refresh metadata, they'll be downloaded automatically. 

32 minutes ago, SamuelWinsor said:

I’ve added two pictures of how the two options look on a PC, just for example. Seeing as this option exists on PC, presumably it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement on other client apps.

It's not an option, those are two different Display modes (TV vs. Desktop).

SamuelWinsor

@GrimReaperI might be understanding it wrong, because again, my English is not amazing, but would I not have to check the replace images option that would replace all my custom posters too? If I’ve misunderstood, I’d be relieved. 

and I’m aware they’re display options, but I guess what I meant was that the poster by the side of metadata display exists in some capacity still, if it could be made possible in the Samsung app

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, SamuelWinsor said:

would I not have to check the replace images option that would replace all my custom posters too?

Nope, you wouldn't, as you don't have those images hence nothing to replace, Search for missing alone should do it. Test it on an item or two and see what it's you'll get. If satisfied, apply on Library level. 

2 minutes ago, SamuelWinsor said:

I guess what I meant was that the poster by the side of metadata display exists in some capacity still, if it could be made possible in the Samsung app

Sure, that's up to the Devs, but considering TV mode is pretty streamlined across all client apps (at least ET versions), don't quite know how likely it is to happen, though.