Synology DS213j nas and Emby server, hard drives no longer go to sleep

Aury0068

Aury0068

Hi, I have this problem. I have a Synology DS213j nas that since I installed Emby server, the nas no longer suspends the hard disks, I did some checking and indeed it seems to be Emby server, because if I stop the service, the hard disks go back to suspend.

Checking in the Emby server settings on the program side, I think I removed all the services in the scheduled tasks. 

What should I check, does anyone have any suggestions, either program side or nas side?

Nas: Synology DS213j
DSM Version: DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 5

Emby Server version 4.7.11.0-704071100

Thanks in advance
Aurelio

Hi, please attach the emby server log from when you expected it to sleep, but did not. Thanks.

Aury0068
22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please attach the emby server log from when you expected it to sleep, but did not. Thanks.

The hard disks should go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity, but with Emby server running, this does not happen. In fact, as I said earlier, if I stop Emby server, the nas will suspend the hard disks after 20 minutes.

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63818431272.txt

4 minutes ago, Aury0068 said:

The hard disks should go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity, but with Emby server running, this does not happen. In fact, as I said earlier, if I stop Emby server, the nas will suspend the hard disks after 20 minutes.

embyserver.txt 1.75 MB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63818431272.txt 116.33 kB · 0 downloads

what time did you expect it to sleep?

Aury0068
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

A che ora ti aspettavi che dormisse?

Hi, maybe I explained myself wrongly. The nas is programmed that after 20 minutes of inactivity of the disks, it sends them to suspend and this happens if emby server is not running, it is as if emby server sends the hard disks running continuously.

3 hours ago, Aury0068 said:

Hi, maybe I explained myself wrongly. The nas is programmed that after 20 minutes of inactivity of the disks, it sends them to suspend and this happens if emby server is not running, it is as if emby server sends the hard disks running continuously.

Right I understand. I'm asking what time you expected it to go to sleep so that I can try and see what was happening during that time frame.

Aury0068
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Right I understand. I'm asking what time you expected it to go to sleep so that I can try and see what was happening during that time frame.

Hi, basically there is no set time that it goes to sleep, theoretically every 20 minutes of inactivity of the hard drives.

Screenshot.png

OK but for the purposes of troubleshooting I need to know this information, so if you could monitor it and capture an example, that would be helpful.

Apart from that the only other thing I can suggest is disabling the automatic port mapping function in server network settings, since it is writing a lot of errors to the log. This may require you to configure port forwarding in your router manually if you need remote access.

JohnWhitmore

Aury,

I think Luke wants you to post logs and also advise the time range he should look at to see what activity was happening - eg 815pm. He can then look at the logs at entries at that time and see why the disks have not gone to sleep.

Aury0068
23 hours ago, Luke said:

OK but for the purposes of troubleshooting I need to know this information, so if you could monitor it and capture an example, that would be helpful.

Apart from that the only other thing I can suggest is disabling the automatic port mapping function in server network settings, since it is writing a lot of errors to the log. This may require you to configure port forwarding in your router manually if you need remote access.

Hello, I will do this test.

• Thanks 1