Movie Posters taking a long time to load

CMJR23

CMJR23

Hi, I am fairly new to Emby and have only started using it a week ago since moving away from Plex. I noticed this behaviour that for the Emby app on my LG TV, movie posters take a long time to load. For example, I go to the category and when I open it, there is nothing showing in there and about 7 to 10 seconds later the first row of movies begin showing up. My TV and my Mac Mini server are on the same network. My Mac Mini is connected via Ethernet and my TV via WiFi. All movies play fine, no dropped frames or buffering. I have attached the Emby logs. My config:

Server: M2 Pro Mac Mini base model
TV: LG QNED80
Internet: 1GB down, 50MB up
Router: TP-Link Deco XE75 Pro

Troubleshooting tried:

Disabled UPnP on Emby Server
Manually Port forwarded custom port 8196 for remote access on router which works fine.

Tested on my iPhone 14, posters load faster so could be specific to the Emby app on my TV however, scrolling through the movies in a category is not as smooth as I thought it should be. Let me know if any other info\logs required. I plan to test on my Apple TV 4K and iPad once they arrive.

Thanks in advance

embyserver-63818448096.txt hardware_detection-63818448160.txt

Hi @CMJR23are you sure this is the right log file from when the problem occurred? To be honest this log file doesn't appear to have a lot of activity. Thanks !

CMJR23

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply. Interesting that there isn't much info in the logs as I downloaded them about 10 mins after experiencing the issue. Maybe the issue is with the Emby app on my TV so the server didn't detect any issue which would explain why there isn't much info in the logs.

Interestingly, I did another test, this time using my iPhone as well as my Android phone and noticed that the lag was not as noticeable as on the TV which further points to it being a TV issue as I tested both phones over a 5G connection, not WiFi.

My next test will be connecting my TV via Ethernet instead of WiFi to see if that makes a difference once I get it off the wall mount.

Thanks for your help Luke, I will update you.

• Thanks 1