DLNA to Wiim Mini - device profile setup to avoid transcoding

felahughes

felahughes

Hi All

I've set up Emby to serve music files to my Wiim Mini Streamer and it's frustratingly working nearly perfectly!

When using the Wiim app, I can pull up the music and it all plays fine, at the full bitrate. I can also control the Emby server from the app no problem. However, the Emby app is much better so I'd like to get that to work. The problem is when I play from that it transcodes the stream to MP3 despite my setting up a DLNA device profile for the Wiim Mini.

Looking at the logs, I can't tell if it's not seeing the device profile I've set up or seeing it and not getting the right settings. I was hoping the DeviceProfileID would help me find out what profile it was using (default or my custom one) but it seems to change with every server restart. Either way, the log says  "TranscodeReasons=AudioCodecNotSupported".

For the device profile, I've put the "Friendly Name" that I gave the Wiim as the identification data and confimed it's correct using a uPNP utility. I've added the audio codecs its supports and upped the max bitrate too.

Any suggestions? 

• Thanks 1

Hi, please attach the Emby server log from an example. Nowadays we can usually auto detect what a device supports for music playback so in most cases you shouldn’t have to do anything.

felahughes

Yep- the Wiim can handle pretty much anything audio: MP3, AAC, ALAC, APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, OGG up to 192 kHz/24 bit

So I want it all to direct play. Almost all my audio is lossless m4a and I don't want it converted to lossy mp3.

Edited by felahughes

• 3 months later...

@felahughessince you're on the beta channel we should be able to get this resolved quickly. 

For starters, are you still seeing this with Emby Server 4.8.0.42+ and the latest update to the Emby Dlna plugin? In your previous log I can see that m4a support is being detected so I'm surprised it's not direct playing. Thanks.

• 4 months later...