Nvidia GTX1050ti + Sony 77A83K : 8 bits on Windows 10 and not 10 bits

nicko84

nicko84

Hello,

i'v connected my Windows 10 22H2 with Nvidia GTX1050ti (with last Nvidia Studio Driver) on my new Sony 77A83K.

On Nvidia panel i'm limited to RVB Full 8 bits and i can't choose 10 bits with 60hz (SDR) and 4K native display of course

I've unlocked HDMI 2.1 with Dolby Vision on my Sony.

Sony is seen as "Sony *30" panel on Nvidia and Windows and Generic Monitor on Windows properties.

If i choose 30hz i can display with 12 bits.

Is it usual or not ?

Thanks for your help !

rbjtech

Is the 1050Ti able to output HDMI 2.0a ?  This is a minimum for 4K @ 60Hz..

Also worth checking the HDMI cable is 2.1 compliant.

12Bits is probably irrelevant, as this TV is a 10Bit TV no ?

nicko84
17 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Is the 1050Ti able to output HDMI 2.0a ?  This is a minimum for 4K @ 60Hz..

Also worth checking the HDMI cable is 2.1 compliant.

12Bits is probably irrelevant, as this TV is a 10Bit TV no ?

Hello Rbjtech,

My answers to your relevant questions :

Is the 1050Ti able to output HDMI 2.0a ?  This is a minimum for 4K @ 60Hz.. : Yes it is Hdmi 2.0b

Also worth checking the HDMI cable is 2.1 compliant : Yes (Try with 3 different cables 2.1

12Bits is probably irrelevant, as this TV is a 10Bit TV no ? Yes i agree but it is what i see on Nvidia Panel with 4K+30hz

PS : I've tried with two more PC and different graphic cards : Intel 630 et and Nvidia A2000 and no way to diplay 4K 60 Hz 10 bits

🤔

Edited by nicko84

RanmaCanada

The TV more than likely is not seen properly by your computer, and it won't be able to do anything properly until a monitor.inf file is released by Sony.  The joys of using TV's as monitors.

nicko84

Hello,

You are saying Sony TV is not well detected by Windows 10 because of no .inf...but is it true just for all Sony TV, or LG, Samsung, Panasonic ...too ?

And no way to use an alternative pilot ?

I think i'm not the only one to have an htpc connected  to a TV ... But never read something like this on Emby Forum or Somewhere else...

nicko84

Hello,

On NVIDIA panel i can choose this on 4K/60hz :

Rgb or yuv444 : 8 bits limited or full

Yuv422 : 10 bits limited

What is best on ET and HDR/DV vidéos ?

generiq

There's lots of confusing and conflicting information/suggestion in this thread. Please state precisely what you are trying to achieve, and the environment in which you are operating.

nicko84

Hello Generiq,

As i said before i have a htpc with NVIDIA 1050ti connected with HDMI 2.1 certified cable to a Sony 77A83K on HDMI 2.1 with extended and dolby option activated.

On NVIDIA panel and 4K native resolution i can choose RVB or yuv444+8 bits+full or limited but 10 bits is not available.

10 bits is only avaiable with yuv4.2.2 and limited.

Sony TV panel is native 10 bits.

So why not 10bits with RVB and what is the best setting for ET and HDR among these various settings ?

PS : HTPC is on Windows 10 22H2 last updates 1050TI whith last Nvidia Driver, SOny 77A83K with last firmware

Thanks

Edited by nicko84

generiq

Ok, so you need to ignore the HDMI 2.1 components, because your GPU card is only 2.0.  All components must support 2.1 for it to be utilized. 

HDMI 2.0 has an 18 GB bandwidth. 

I suspect your refresh rate is at 60hz? 60 frames per second is a lot of bandwidth. So, at full 4k resolution, for 10 bit color depth, you'll be limited to YCbCr 4:2:2. This is just fine, as if you take a look at the video you're playing, it's only 4:2:0. So you're exceeding what is required.

But if you don't like that and want 4:4:4 (this will not improve video quality, and only affects text clarity), then if you lower the refresh rate to 30hz, all of your dreams will come true.

nicko84

Hello Generiq,

Thanks for your answer !

All is clear now... i'll try different settings like 60hz and 4.2.2 and 10 bits colors instead of 60hz 4.4.4 and 8 bits

Indeed only Nvidia Gtx 30 et 40 series is hdmi 2.1.

Do you know if Nvidia Shield allows 60hz 4.4.4 and 10 bits ?

generiq
6 hours ago, nicko84 said:

Do you know if Nvidia Shield allows 60hz 4.4.4 and 10 bits ?

I believe it's only HDMI 2.0

nicko84

Hello,

After several tests in sdr and HDR the best way is 60 hz with 4.2.0 and 12 bits (no 10 bits on NVIDIA, just 8 or 12) so 10 i guess because display is 10 bits, and hdr always active on Windows.

Edited by nicko84