Metadata problems

BillsMediaServe
Go to solution Solved by BillsMediaServe,

BillsMediaServe

I have been using Emby for a long while now and love it but I'm having metadata issues that I want to fix, either in Emby or on my PC.

The problems that I am having are miner but still annoying.

In the screenshot below you can see the order and appearance of the episode numbers, also this includes seasons, are not in proper order. For some reason the metadata is read incorrectly. If you noticed these are Anime files, most likely created from a streaming website and manually tagged with a metadata tool on a PC or Mac, I only experience this in a few folders of the nearly 2 TB of Anime files that I have. 

Can someone suggest a metadata tool that is readily available? I have downloaded several, including VLC, they just don't see the improper format displayed in Emby. All my Movies and TV show format perfectly.

I've also noticed that" External Ids:" are not always available.  I normally use IMDB for most of my media, it works flawlessly 99.999 % of the time. All of my media folders are setup to include all of the ID options.

Screenshots are below.  

Thank you all, Cheers

image.png

External ID's not showing up.png

How External IDs are available in same main folder.png

HI, are you saying there are multiple episode 9's and they need to be in a specific order?

BillsMediaServe

Properorderofvideos.thumb.png.5aa038ced42fe5adc35d07c455604a21.pngThanks for the quick reply Luke.

The normal ordering of the videos are shown in the screenshot below and yes. They will automatically order the way you see. I'm comfortable using the metadata tools in Emby and other PC tools but who ever labeled these files either had a tool with more options that are locked in and can't be changed or simply the options are not included in Emby's metadata tool.

I would ideally just like to find a Windows metadata tool that has more options that can allow me to correct these oddly formatted video folders. Do you know of any?    

Looking at your initial example, what I would do is check that the episode numbers in the metadata are correct for each episode.

visproduction

Auto incremental sorting works with 01, 02, 03...10,11, 12.
This fails if you don't use a leading 0 in the file name.  It will sort like this:  1, 10, 11, 12... 2, 20, 21, 22
I think the choice of file name may be causing your problem.  A proper file name would include season and episode like this.  S02E01 and not S2E1.

Hope that helps.

• Solution
BillsMediaServe

No it was not helpful. 

I ended up experimenting with the titles description. This is an example of what was the problem.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon Season 4 Episode 15 English Dubbed  Watch cartoons online Watch anime online English dub anime.mp4

All I needed to do for Emby to read the Metadata properly was to remove the "Season 4" from the title description. 

Therefore when it read like this: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon Episode 15 English Dubbed  Watch cartoons online Watch anime online English dub anime.mp4 

Emby correctly ordered the episodes as they need to be.

• 3 weeks later...
tedfroop
On 12/05/2023 at 17:04, BillsMediaServe said:

I ended up experimenting with the titles description. This is an example of what was the problem.

When I have difficulty matching, my go to is to find the meta provider, and then name my files to match.  It sounds stupidly simple but yeah I was pulling my hair out with my cartoon collection until the light bulb went on.

Secondary to this, if there are multiple meta providers you can name your files so the match to the preferred meta.