MacOS Client/Qnap Server Requiring Premiere Suddenly?

cdf294

cdf294

Hello everyone.

I seem to be having an issue running Emby recently. Using macOS Monterey (12.6.5) and using the latest Qnap Emby server update (4.7.11.0 from 4.7.1) along with latest App Store client (2.2.8). Everything has been working very well but suddenly started having issues with media playback. I updated the server and client apps to the versions shown today with no improvement.

What is taking place is that I have all of my music and videos in the Emby library. Around 30 days ago, I noticed that Emby gave me a prompt about purchasing Premiere in order to play my music from the Qnap, which has been working for quite a while without any prompt. No biggie, I use Audirvana to a DAC for audio anyway so I really never used Emby much for music but it would still allow me to listen without any restrictions. About a week ago, now I am receiving the same prompt about my movies-  I can no longer play more than one minute of music or movies from my server using Emby at this point.

I am certainly good with financially supporting the product but wonder why I can no longer use Emby on only my computer for movies or music since the Emby site shows that I should have full playback without Premiere. I did have some computer issues a few months back and had to perform a Time Machine backup but everything still seemed to work normally. Only for about the past 30 days have I had this problem,  first with music and around a week ago with movies. I updated to the newest Qnap and Mac App Store Emby options to the latest options in an attempt to fix this with no luck. Still have access to my libraries from my TV and Roku Emby apps, just not my MacBook Pro. My wife has no issues using Emby to watch movies on her MacBook Air and receives no prompt at all concerning Premiere. This issue only seems to be occurring on my laptop.

Any ideas what may have happened? I question why this is suddenly an issue on only 1 client without any changes in network or software, other than updating Emby in an attempt to get things working again. I have attached a picture of the prompt I see on my MacBook and again, this just started happening around 30 days ago, first with music access and now with movie access, I have not changed any settings in the Emby software since setting it up around a year ago and only updated today in an attempt to fix this.

Emby screen.jpg

cdf294

Feel free to ignore this post everyone and mods can remove or lock it. I'm still not sure what has taken place but when I pull up the server through Safari on port 8096, Emby comes up and allows me to play my movies again..

I always used an Emby app icon in my dock and haven't changed anything but that icon now gives me the issue and prompt above which it never did before. I will go ahead and create a shortcut in Safari for access from the server address through port 8096, which appears to work just like the icon used to.