Issue with TV Series Specials Containing episode names or numbers

jprobins007

jprobins007

I have recently encountered an issue with certain TV Specials which do not have an episode number in TVDB or TMDB, but do contain either an episode name or number.  That is, "Introduction to The Gathering" or "Season 1 Episode 3 Easter Eggs" or "Commentary on The River of Souls". In each case, the special shows up as an alternate version of the episode referenced and not as a special. Obviously, when an actual S00EXX designation exists, it works fine.  Adding a special episode designation not included in TVDB or TMDB (i.e., S00E1001), does not help.  Does anyone know how to name the special to avoid this outcome?

HI, try manually editing the season and episode numbers so that it's season 0, and whatever episode number it's supposed to be. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

jprobins007

These are specials that do not have a S00EXX style episode designation in either TCDB or TMDB.  I have tried including a number past the end of the existing TVDB/TMDB episode numbers (i.e., S00E200), but that does not help.

jprobins007

I apologize.  I guess I do not under stand your suggestion.  Take for instance the following file names:

X:\TV\Babylon 5\Specials\Commentary on The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.mkv

or

X:\TV\Star Trek Lower Decks\Specials\Season 1 Ep. 1 Animatics.mkv

I can rename the files to include a S0 episode number (i.e., X:\TV\Star Trek Lower Decks\Specials\S00E200 Season 1 Ep. 1 Animatics.mkv), but it does not change the outcome.

Sorry, I think I am missing something.

jprobins007

It just dawned on me that you were talking about editing the metadata.  Forehead slap!  I have not tried that.  Let me do so now.

Jim