Poor deinterlacing under Intel macOS on live tv 1080i content

dragonbytes

dragonbytes

Hi, I am running Emby Theater under macOS Ventura on Intel platform but when i watch Live TV (I have active Premium subscription btw) and try to watch 1080i content, the de-interlacing has poor performance and I can even see the scan lines. Is it possible to reconfigure Emby Theater to use other de-interlacing methods than the default? The "App Settings" seem a bit watered down on macOS from versions on other platforms like Windows and Linux. I can post some logs and such if its necessery but im hoping theres a quick setting i can change somewhere to solve this problem. Thanks.

dragonbytes

If this was the wrong place to post my question, please just let me know. I'm happy to post logs or give you more detailed information on how to reproduce etc. Also, I know the macOS API can be pretty restrictive in terms of hardware acceleration and other lower-level functions that are outside their "norm" so if those limitations are part of the problem, please just let me know. Maybe I could just not use that computer for that task if that was the case. I appreciate your help and whatever advice you can give. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2023 at 7:11 PM, dragonbytes said:

If this was the wrong place to post my question, please just let me know. I'm happy to post logs or give you more detailed information on how to reproduce etc. Also, I know the macOS API can be pretty restrictive in terms of hardware acceleration and other lower-level functions that are outside their "norm" so if those limitations are part of the problem, please just let me know. Maybe I could just not use that computer for that task if that was the case. I appreciate your help and whatever advice you can give. Thanks.

Hi, yes you've posted in the right place. We are working on improving this for the next update to the Emby macOS app. Thanks.