Error PortMapper: Error in GetSpecificMappingAsync

Kenacious_D

Kenacious_D

Hello all!

I am a long time Emby Premiere user. (All the way back to early Media Browser Days)

I recently had my server C drive (SATA) die and I replaced it with an SSD drive and did a fresh install of Win 10/Emby etc. Also installed Sharks advanced codecs portable. I initially had a lot of playback issues both in Emby and in the Netflix and Amazon Apps. I was getting a consistent Audio  stutter every 10-20 seconds. I kept tweaking the sharks settings and eventually the stutter went away in the Netflix App and the Amazon App. However, I am still getting the audio stutter in Emby and I cant figure out why.

This morning I finally looked at the Emby server log file and this error is happening over and over. Can someone tell me how to correct this and also if this could somehow be causing the stutter I've been experiencing?

Your help is much appreciated.

Ken

2023-04-21 02:30:51.896 Error PortMapper: Error in GetSpecificMappingAsync
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/soopa/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely.
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.GetSpecificMappingAsync(Protocol protocol, Int32 publicPort, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.CreatePortMap(Mapping mapping, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely.
	Source: System.Net.Http
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2023-04-21 02:30:51.945 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/soopa/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request.
	 ---> System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely.
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.CreatePortMapInternal(Mapping mapping, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Mono.Nat.Upnp.UpnpNatDevice.CreatePortMap(Mapping mapping, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.PortMapper.ExternalPortForwarding.CreateRules(INatDevice device, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	InnerException: System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely.
	Source: System.Net.Http

Hi, this error just means that the server's automatic port mapping feature is not working correctly with your router. Can you please attach the complete emby server log? Thanks !

Kenacious_D
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this error just means that the server's automatic port mapping feature is not working correctly with your router. Can you please attach the complete emby server log? Thanks !

I will when I get home from work. Much appreciated. Any Idea what could be causing the audio stutter every 10-20 seconds?

Kenacious_D
On 4/24/2023 at 7:32 PM, Luke said:

Here's yesterdays log file.

embyserver-63817977600.txt

OK, can you shutdown the server, then unzip this into C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

Emby.PortMapper.zip

Then start up the server, give it a minute, and then attach the emby server log? I made a couple changes and I'd like to see if it helps make the port mapper errors in your log go away. Thanks.

Kenacious_D
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, can you shutdown the server, then unzip this into C:\Users\soopa\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins

Emby.PortMapper.zip 23.73 kB · 0 downloads

Then start up the server, give it a minute, and then attach the emby server log? I made a couple changes and I'd like to see if it helps make the port mapper errors in your log go away. Thanks.

I will do it this afternoon. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Kenacious_D
On 4/26/2023 at 9:43 AM, Luke said:

Emby.PortMapper.zip 23.73 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry this took so long. Here's the log file. Looks like that error is gone. Thanks!

As for the stutter in playback every 10-20 seconds, should I take a video of what it's doing and upload it for you to check out? Or, what do you recommend to diagnose it?

embyserver.txt

4 hours ago, Kenacious_D said:

Sorry this took so long. Here's the log file. Looks like that error is gone. Thanks!

As for the stutter in playback every 10-20 seconds, should I take a video of what it's doing and upload it for you to check out? Or, what do you recommend to diagnose it?

embyserver.txt 30.85 kB · 1 download

@Kenacious_Dcan you please provide a new playback log file example now that you have the updated plugin? Thanks !

Kenacious_D
1 hour ago, Luke said:

@Kenacious_Dcan you please provide a new playback log file example now that you have the updated plugin? Thanks !

Here's the log file you asked for as well as a hardware detection log with errors in it. Haven't seen that one before but thought I would include it.

embyserver (1).txt hardware_detection-63819580456.txt

Kenacious_D
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What kind of router do you have?

I'm hard wired into an Xfinity wifi router

Hi, this is just the automatic port mapper feature not working with your router. You can ignore these errors. If  you turn off the automatic port mapper in server network settings then that will make the error go away.