Connection issue

indianaguy
Go to solution Solved by indianaguy,

indianaguy

I Have a Roku  user having connection issues, I've not been able to replicate on my end. I cant find much researching this error ( routines: ssl3_get_record:wrong version number) if anyone could give me an idea of where to start. They also cannot access via a browser on the same wifi. I had them turn their wifi off and use cellular data and they can access my server address just fine.

Note:  A few weeks ago i had a different user having the exact same problem on a firestick. Could not access via their wifi but could on cellular. I tried looking through settings on my side and someone had mentioned for me to try in Settings>Network turning the remote ip address filter mode to blacklist. After i did this the user was able to access thru their wifi (doesnt make sense to me) I let them run a few days and changed it back to "whitelist" and it seemed they still was fine..

Fast forward to now and another user is having same issue. I have secure connections mode handled by reverse proxy using my own domain (using swag/letsencrypt & unraid os)

image.png.1ecc40c88f7c0d72024687f8da338e15.pngimage.png.f20835540caeb95a4d924de81d31a586.png

indianaguy
On 4/22/2023 at 7:35 PM, Luke said:

Hi, what model Roku? Is the Roku software up to date?

I know this isnt the info you've asked for but I've yet to hear back from this User. This may even belong in another thread as i have several  users having issues now but I have some that connect with no issues so it's quite  baffling. User A in referenced pic was using Roku. User B in ref is using phone browsers & playstation browsers at times. Both Users have no access on their networks, but do on cell data. Both at one point or another have some kind of error mentioning ssl/ssl3. I know for sure user b can ping the server address from a pc on the same network.

Please advise on possible next steps to look into.

Emby is in a docker on unraid

Swag as a docker as well

Ports are forwarded in router etc

domain through namecheapportcheck.thumb.jpg.47db548f4188a88f62bf7f0c28db51a7.jpgcertificates.thumb.jpg.1d7b2a1bfdc8b29f180f33216cc7d473.jpgforumnetwork.thumb.jpg.203460f0cb108c3862b6952736e8ce08.jpgnetwork2forums.thumb.jpg.b11180f76d210dc9d510ef6dca0ad705.jpgemberrorforums.thumb.png.dca91f5ecb3d182cc50405df22ec880c.png

Edited by indianaguy

Given that the ssl is being provided by the reverse proxy I'm not really sure. Is there a vpn being used on either side? Are there logs at the reverse proxy level you can review? Have you compared your nginx setup to this?

indianaguy

No vpns being used.on either side or any clients for that matter. I'll have to research if I can dive into reverse proxy logs (not sure if it'll matter if client never reaches server, or.do they and just get rejected 🤔)

As far as the nginx link I'll try to delve into that after work and see how I can decipher it compared to how swag handles things cause I'm not sure tbh.

• Solution
indianaguy
On 4/25/2023 at 3:22 PM, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Ok so long story short after messaging users to send me their router/model number I was able to conclude the ones being blocked were all using same router and model number. ( one being my father) So i went to his house and had to use a mobile app to look into router ( stupid isp crap) and was able to find a "security shield" on this spectrum router and it was blocking my emby domain. ticked the security shield to off and everything works like it used to.

I can def see why people dont like using isp routers. you have little to no control. I use eero myself and dont like the way its only accessible via app but it works until i upgrade again. I think the router may have been blocking it because google is considering it a deceptive site?¿ Anyway thats a whole nother problem i havent been able to get cleared with google, probably easier to get another domain.

Can now mark this as solved and hopefully it helps somebody else.

• Thanks 1