Add automatic commercial skipping to credit skip plugin?

MBSki

MBSki

@Cheesegeezer Is it possible to add automatic commercial skipping to the credit skip plugin for files that have chapter markers specifically identifying the video blocks that are commercials? PlayOn creates files and automatically creates and tags the chapters associated with commercials. It would be really nice to be able to automatically skip the commercials in those files. Here's an example: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoeIRL90LCrSr5suxb4p9TsWvaJLeg?e=6tDhql

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
4 hours ago, MBSki said:

@Cheesegeezer Is it possible to add automatic commercial skipping to the credit skip plugin for files that have chapter markers specifically identifying the video blocks that are commercials? PlayOn creates files and automatically creates and tags the chapters associated with commercials. It would be really nice to be able to automatically skip the commercials in those files. Here's an example: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoeIRL90LCrSr5suxb4p9TsWvaJLeg?e=6tDhql

Are they EDL files?? @BillOatmanComSkipper plugin would do the job for you i think.

MBSki
4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Are they EDL files?? @BillOatmanComSkipper plugin would do the job for you i think.

No, not EDL which is why @BillOatmanreferred me to the credit skip plugin instead since the file is using chapter marks to identify commercials.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, MBSki said:

No, not EDL which is why @BillOatmanreferred me to the credit skip plugin instead since the file is using chapter marks to identify commercials.

Can are the chapters imported into emby? And can you take a screenshot of the chapters in Web UI.  Are all the chapters named the same for commercials. I.e. Commercial1, Commercial2, etc

MBSki
21 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can are the chapters imported into emby? And can you take a screenshot of the chapters in Web UI.  Are all the chapters named the same for commercials. I.e. Commercial1, Commercial2, etc

Yep, looks like Emby pulls all of it in.

image.thumb.png.b26af1069fa441a6fe28b978b9fc66b1.png

Cheesegeezer

hmmm food for thought.

I will take a look, but it wont be for a while, because i'm busy with Client UI development for Audirium and Iridium and i've got a nice groove going on and don't really want to interrupt it.

Cheers

• Thanks 2

MBSki
3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

hmmm food for thought.

I will take a look, but it wont be for a while, because i'm busy with Client UI development for Audirium and Iridium and i've got a nice groove going on and don't really want to interrupt it.

Not a problem, no hurry at all. Thank you!

BillOatman
13 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@CheesegeezerHe is already running mcebuddy after a recording to move the file, he wants mcebuddy to embed commercials to skip as chapters at the same time.

@MBSkiAnother thought, could you get mcebuddy to write out the commercials in a EDL file and copy both files to their final destination?

• Like 1

MBSki
1 minute ago, BillOatman said:

Yes, I could get MCEbuddy to write out an EDL file, but it's cleaner to have the commercial chapter marks embedded in the video file AND I have 1,000's of tv show episodes that already have the commercial chapter marks. Anyone who uses PlayOn will have these same commercial chapter marks included in their PlayOn recorded videos.

• Thanks 2

rbjtech

If the source files have the chapter marks then tbh a quick script to read them and convert to edl is probably ypur best bet.   The introskip plugin is limited by design to one 'skip' only.. thus it's not really suitable.  The com skip plugin sounds ideal, but just needs the edl file.  Can you post a mediainfo json or text of a typical file .. I just need to see how it identifies the com chapters.  The key tjing here is consistency.  If it always uses 'Advertisement' as the name,  then it should be fairly easy to convert to edl ...

• Like 2