multiple emby server running

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

This is strange I have one server but multiple instances running, it works just fine as soon as I exit all the running processes and restart emby, i'm just curious why there would be more than one server running?? 

Edited by Scottieboi

Scottieboi

It's the server itself that has multiple instances running,  frustrating as it is, it's easy to fix by ending the process,   

Every so often I wake in the morning with 3-6 server icon's, so I check the task manager and see 3 or more emby server running 

Gilgamesh_48

Be aware there is a bug in Windows 10 where some processes get duplicated but, even though task manager shows 2 or more instances there is not actually two multiple process running. I will see from time to time 2 and sometimes 3 Emby icons in the tray. Usually just opening either one causes the rest to go away. When it does not I have found that the only way to rid myself of the extra icons was a reboot.

As part of my regular server maintenance I reboot my server at least once a week and, so far, the only time I have the multiple icons is when I have been negligent in my maintenance and skipped a week or two.

I don't let it worry me, I just deal with it when I notice it.