Paring down the channel list!

gerry.emm

gerry.emm

Hi everyone...EMBY Premiere lifetime member here...

I am relatively new to IPTV, and since having discovered how to interface with EMBY, have "cut the cord"!!!  I selected a company named "NONSTOPIPTV".  They have over 38,000 channels, movies by the ton and TV series by the ton as well.  Now my little EMBY server is no slouch, but since setting up IPTV, it has slowed it down tremendously.  Not being anywhere near an expert like YOU guys, I figured it's likely the extra memory/system resources required to map all those channels, etc...

To try to salvage a bit of system resources, I've been paring down the number of channels loading up in the "channel management" section of Live TV, by unselecting the channels I don't particularly care for.  HOWEVER, as mentioned, there are 38,000 plus channels loading up...going through them manually will take FOREVER!!!  

My question is, being a rookie and all where IPTV is concerned, "is there a faster and less time-consuming way to select ONLY the channels I want?"

Thanks in advance to anyone being able to shed some light on this matter, it is MUCH appreciated!!

Gerry

gerry.emm

Hi guys...

Well, I'm STILL at it...editing the channel list manually as I've mentioned above...ONE BY ONE....YEEEESSSSHHHH....

Can ANYONE please tell me if indeed there ***IS*** a faster way or not???...***PRETTY PLEASE***???

And as always...THANKS A MILLION in advance!!!

Gerry

gerry.emm
21 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

i use iptvboss

sorry to be such a noob, but what exactly *IS* iptvboss???

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!!

Spaceboy
3 hours ago, gerry.emm said:

sorry to be such a noob, but what exactly *IS* iptvboss???

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!!

have you googled it? the site is pretty self explanatory. its a piece of software that sits between your iptv provider and your media server and allows you to par down the channel list

That's something that can help for now, although we will be improving the channel management features in emby server so that you can do it all from within the server.

gerry.emm

Hi Spaceboy...Hi Luke...

Thanks both of you!!!...Spaceboy, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!...I never would have found that on my own!!!...although the learning curve on that software is a bit much...their "manual" doesn't quite follow the software anymore...but I'm sure a bit of digging might help...found a few others as well, ie: "xeev"...

And Luke, I don't mean to be a bother, but is there any kind of timeline for this feature to be added directly into EMBY?  No pressure...just wondering if it's worth my while to continue trying to learn how to do it externally in the meantime, or if the feature will be integrated in the NEAR future.

The only reason I ask is that, the way I've got my provider's M3U file loading into EMBY now is loading all 38,000+ channels & VOD, and it is bogging down my poor little server!!!  To boot, I CANNOT for the life of me get the guide to load, AND, none of the VOD is appearing properly...I know I can correct all that with "iptvboss" or "xeev", but if the feature is due for release shortly, I'll just wait...

In any case, thanks again to both of you & look forward to your reply!!!

Gerry

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, gerry.emm said:

Hi Spaceboy...Hi Luke...

Thanks both of you!!!...Spaceboy, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!...I never would have found that on my own!!!...although the learning curve on that software is a bit much...their "manual" doesn't quite follow the software anymore...but I'm sure a bit of digging might help...found a few others as well, ie: "xeev"...

And Luke, I don't mean to be a bother, but is there any kind of timeline for this feature to be added directly into EMBY?  No pressure...just wondering if it's worth my while to continue trying to learn how to do it externally in the meantime, or if the feature will be integrated in the NEAR future.

The only reason I ask is that, the way I've got my provider's M3U file loading into EMBY now is loading all 38,000+ channels & VOD, and it is bogging down my poor little server!!!  To boot, I CANNOT for the life of me get the guide to load, AND, none of the VOD is appearing properly...I know I can correct all that with "iptvboss" or "xeev", but if the feature is due for release shortly, I'll just wait...

In any case, thanks again to both of you & look forward to your reply!!!

Gerry

honestly theres so much that iptv boss can do that emby cannot and will not in a reasonable length of time that i wouldnt wait. All of the stuff you are looking for was coded 3 years ago and we have been begging luke to implement in emby - we have had maybe 10-15% so far.

if you have any specific questions on iptv boss then add them here. there's also a discord server that is very helpful

• 2 weeks later...
gerry.emm

Hiya Spaceboy!!!

Ok, I hear ya...guess it's time to wake up the ol' brain cells then...thanks for offering to help via the forum...I "DO" appreciate that!!!

I have ordered a new little machine to use as my server, being that it's getting on in age, so resources will increase dramatically, and THAT'LL help, but I STILL wanna learn how to do it "externally"...

My new machine will be sporting "Windows 11"...besides the learning curve to use Win 11, I now have to find out how to transfer EMBY to it properly...don't wanna lose anything!!!...being I purchased a lifetime license!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Gerry Emm

• Like 1