Starting Emby on Fire Stick - spinning arrow - app does not start

jfjones1832

jfjones1832

Similar to

I have had the Fire Sticks for a couple of years and running the downloaded Emby app from the app store without any issues. Yesterday, all of the sudden, all of my Fire Sticks when trying to start Emby I woudl get the spinning arrow and the app would not start. Nothing in the Emby logs, nor my Anti Virus or router/switch logs. Clearing data or cache did not solve the issue. I removed the app, reinstalled, and the app would start once successfully. Exit the app and tried again and it would fail to start. I then removed and reinstalled and this time specifically pointed to the Emby Server at setup by IP address. From that point on the app has started just fine. Never had to do the IP address before, the client would find the server and connect just fine.

Was wondering if others have seen this behavior and found a reason that specifying the IP solves the Emby Fire Stick app issue? 

3 hours ago, jfjones1832 said:

Similar to

I have had the Fire Sticks for a couple of years and running the downloaded Emby app from the app store without any issues. Yesterday, all of the sudden, all of my Fire Sticks when trying to start Emby I woudl get the spinning arrow and the app would not start. Nothing in the Emby logs, nor my Anti Virus or router/switch logs. Clearing data or cache did not solve the issue. I removed the app, reinstalled, and the app would start once successfully. Exit the app and tried again and it would fail to start. I then removed and reinstalled and this time specifically pointed to the Emby Server at setup by IP address. From that point on the app has started just fine. Never had to do the IP address before, the client would find the server and connect just fine.

Was wondering if others have seen this behavior and found a reason that specifying the IP solves the Emby Fire Stick app issue? 

Hi.  That probably indicates that your server is presenting the wrong address.  What do the addresses for LAN/WAN look on your Emby dashboard?  Are they correct?

jfjones1832

The addresses are correct, the server is static IP and the server system name has not changed. Seems strange that the app was working fine earlier in the day  Then later in the evening none of the Fire Sticks could find the server. Yet other apps (HDHomeRun and Kodi) did not have any issues.  I'll keep looking around.

Thanks, John.