Emby Premiere Terms of Service - Plugins

andrewds
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

andrewds

Hello:

The Emby Premiere Terms of Service state that the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews plugin will become available with purchase of a premiere subscription. However, I can't see this plugin in the catalog or my installed plugins. I do see ratings on movies and television shows (a star with a number) and sometimes what appears to be a tomato with a percentage next to it for movies. Should I be able to configure these somewhere? From  where is the star rating retrieved? Am I missing documentation on the site somewhere for these?

Thanks,
Andrew

• Solution
GrimReaper
1 hour ago, andrewds said:

The Emby Premiere Terms of Service state that the Rotten Tomatoes Reviews plugin will become available with purchase of a premiere subscription

That info is outdated and should be removed. @ebr

However, I can't see this plugin in the catalog or my installed plugins.

There ain't one. 

I do see ratings on movies and television shows (a star with a number) and sometimes what appears to be a tomato with a percentage next to it for movies. Should I be able to configure these somewhere? From  where is the star rating retrieved?

Those come from OMDB api, you need to have same enabled in your library meta-providers list. Note that IMDB/RT ratings will be only as accurate as they are accurate/updated/available on OMDB. 

Hi, apologies, we'll need to remove that. That's out of date. Thanks for bringing that up. A long time ago we used to get this via the Rotten Tomatoes API, and then at one point it became cost prohibitive and so we had to remove it. It just never got removed from that document, so we'll fix that. Thanks.

SikSlayer

But if you have the rating ion your metadata for whatever content, that's not going away, is it?

3 hours ago, SikSlayer said:

But if you have the rating ion your metadata for whatever content, that's not going away, is it?

No, this is about reviews.

• Thanks 1

SikSlayer
13 hours ago, Luke said:

No, this is about reviews.

Ahh, I did miss that part. Indeed, he made a clear distinction that wasn't going anywhere, just the reviews. My mistake. Thanks for clarifying.

• Thanks 1