No longer getting reminders to update USB loaded app.

Dickydodah!
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dickydodah!

Not a problem, more of a question/observation.

I've been on version 1.5.1 since it was released for USB side loading in February however I've recently noticed that I haven't had the expiry notice coming up even though it is two versions behind. Have Samsung stopped expiring apps for testing?

I have a UE43KU6510

• Solution

HI, no they haven't stopped this. The fact that you're not getting them could be due to installing from the store, your date/time being set incorrectly on the TV, or perhaps I just forgot to enable that when I packaged 1.5.1. In any event, newer versions are available now.

• Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

Hi @Lukewell it wasn't the first two 🤣 but it could be useful info for others 😉.

I'll be updating tomorrow anyhow as I like to see all the improvements 👍

Thanks for your help as usual 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dickydodah!

Turns out that this was a Samsung issue as I found that I couldn't install via USB even after deleting the existing app. After a lot of fiddling about I had to do a full factory reset which fixed the issue and a few other niggles I had.

• Thanks 1

Leader2light

Yeah I'm having this same issue.  What a mess.  No reminder to update.  Manual USB update doesn't work due to security warning. Don't really want to reset everything right now.  1.5.1 is still working for me even though its been months since I updated.  

Edited by Leader2light

Leader2light

Even after a reset I'm still getting an error (Security) trying to install from USB.  How can I get the older working version again?

Leader2light

Seems to be working now.  Reset TV. Reloaded USB. Install finally worked for latest version.

• Thanks 1