Emby for Kodi next gen scans library but is unable to play any media.

TenaciousD

TenaciousD

Emby for Kodi 7.13.7

Emby Debian 4.7.11.0

Rasberry Pi 2 B

Kodi 19.5 (OSMC 2023-01-01)

Hi guys, looking for some help here.

I recently reinstalled OSMC on my Pi and setup my media and everything scanned in without any issues. All my media shows up in the TV and Movies menus but none of it is able to play. I get the 'one or more items failed to play. check the log for more information about this message" error. When I turn on the Pi I get the welcome to Emby popup so I don't get why it won't play any files. I can play it fine from my PC using samba or directly in the browser so I am incredibly confused. I must doing something stupid.

I think I've attached the correct logs.

Thanks for the help.

kodi.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by TenaciousD

quickmic

You use native mode, don't do that if you don't really need it.

...this folder is not accessible from Kodi:

VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /srv/f24078e2-b488-49ab-b8d7-e7fe4807fc5f/Television/The.Mandalorian/The.Mandalorian.S03.1080p.DSNY+.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-NTb/the.mandalorian.s03e08.1080p.web.h264-ggez.mkv

Edited by quickmic

TenaciousD
17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

You use native mode, don't do that if you don't really need it.

...this folder is not accessible from Kodi:

VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /srv/f24078e2-b488-49ab-b8d7-e7fe4807fc5f/Television/The.Mandalorian/The.Mandalorian.S03.1080p.DSNY+.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-NTb/the.mandalorian.s03e08.1080p.web.h264-ggez.mkv

I realized I had selected Native mode while reading the FAQ about 30 minutes ago. I swear back in the day native mode used to be recommended, but I could be misremembering

I did a local database reset and chose addon mode, all's good after that. So yeah, it was just ID10T error. :D

Thanks

Edited by TenaciousD