"Recordings" Library still being displayed after removing HDHomerun

ClemFandango
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ClemFandango

Basically exactly as it says on the tin (title..lol).

I got one of those devices to try but very quickly decided it wasn't for me so it's going back.  

Everything worked flawlessly.   The detection, installation, recording - everything - so no issues there.   But when I removed the recorded program, I went back into settings and to Live TV and I removed the Homerun as the TV Source.

I then went in to the home screen settings and un-ticked the box to display recordings but it hasn't actually done that and the recordings library is still being displayed both on the emby server on the desktop and also on tne android tv app.

seanbuff
1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

I then went in to the home screen settings and un-ticked the box to display recordings but it hasn't actually done that and the recordings library is still being displayed both on the emby server on the desktop and also on tne android tv app.

Have you also gone into your user profile and unchecked it from the 'Access' tab?

ClemFandango
10 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Have you also gone into your user profile and unchecked it from the 'Access' tab?

I just have, but it's not made any difference.

I hadn't actually ever touched that setting before I installed the Homerun either, if that makes any difference.   It was always "Enable Access to All Libraries"

I've also just tried manually removing the "recordings" folder and the "livetv" folders as well from  "/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data/" and that's also not made any difference.

ClemFandango
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Check Emby library setup. You may also want to delete the actual recording files.

There are no recorded files.  I deleted them as soon as I had watched the recording and as I said above, I've manually removed the livetv and recordings folders unless the files are kept somewhere else other than "/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data/livetv/recordings" ?

What am I supposed to be looking for in the library setup ?

All I did was add, and then remove, the Homerun device.  I haven't changed any of the library settings at all.

What am I supposed to be looking for in the library setup ?

Any libraries or folders of libraries that you no longer wish to see.

ClemFandango
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Any libraries or folders of libraries that you no longer wish to see.

I've gone in to the home screen setting and unchecked the "Recordings" library but it doesn't make any difference as it's still displayed.

ClemFandango

See, I thought as a lifetime premium subscriber that you'd at least massage my ego a bit and ask me how my day is going rather than just telling me the exact solution .. 🤣🤣

(Once my brain started working I realised exactly where you meant.  Thankyou!)

• Thanks 1