About play button in episode - ES 47100

CarlosLima
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

CarlosLima
/* Delete play button from poster - Happy2Play */
.cardOverlayFab-primary {display: none !important;}

Hi,
I already use a CSS to remove the play button on the movie/tv show poster and it works great thanks @Happy2Play
Now I started using TV series in multiple versions (actually there are two, one for an episode with original subtitled audio and another for a dubbed episode) and I would like a CSS to delete the play button in the episode as well.
The reason for this is that when clicking on the play button of the episode, the emby starts the reproduction and without the button, when clicking on the image of the episode, the homepage of the episode opens, with the option of selecting the audio.
Oh, it's important not only to remove the play button, but that when you click on the image, playback doesn't happen and just opens the episode's details homepage.
Thank you for that.

Screenshot.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima
/*List item play button*/ 
button.listItemImageButton {display: none;}

I haven't tested it yet, but I found this somewhat old code on the forum. Can it work for what I intend? Or does this code do something else? Thank you again

---
EDIT: Oops, tested. It's not that.

Edited by CarlosLima

• 1 month later...
arrbee99

I think this works. Bear in mind I don't exactly do extensive testing though.

/* Try to make episode image not playable, just go to details screen instead */
div.listItemImageContainer.listItemImageContainer-large.itemAction {pointer-events: none;}
i.md-icon.listItemOverlayButtonIcon {display: none;}

CarlosLima

Hi, thanks for the code.
Unfortunately for me, the code didn't work, as clicking on the episode image goes straight to playback.

• Solution
GrimReaper

On 4/18/2023 at 7:21 AM, CarlosLima said:

I would like a CSS to delete the play button in the episode as well.
The reason for this is that when clicking on the play button of the episode, the emby starts the reproduction and without the button, when clicking on the image of the episode, the homepage of the episode opens, with the option of selecting the audio.
Oh, it's important not only to remove the play button, but that when you click on the image, playback doesn't happen and just opens the episode's details homepage.

Try with:

div.listItemImageContainer.listItemImageContainer-large.itemAction {
     pointer-events: none!important;
}

button.listItemImageButton.itemAction {
     display: none!important;
}

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

CarlosLima
49 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Try with:

Hi, thanks for the code.
Unfortunately for me, the code didn't work, as clicking on the episode image goes straight to playback.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Hi, thanks for the code.

Then maybe you have some other code interfering somewhere in your custom CSS, as both codes work fine for me in 4.7.11.0. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

CarlosLima

Hi,
Very grateful for your effort.
I didn't consider that but in case I'm going to hunt for some conflicting code.

CarlosLima

Hmm,
Ey had this code that just removed the play button but even deleting it the result is the same.
I'm using version 47100 and I can't upgrade to 47110 because I need many hours to apply the dozens of HTML customizations, but I'll do it tomorrow and I believe your code should work. Thank you very much.

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Ey had this code that just removed the play button but even deleting it the result is the same.

Removing Play button only ain't enough, as when 'improved' List view was introduced, it brought along that clicking anywhere on episode thumb results in play, while clicking anywhere on synopsis results in Detail view - you have to disable pointer events on thumb. 

Easy test is to temporary remove all other CSS (copy to text editor) leaving only those two codes and see what results you'll get.

Btw, why is it a must to click on thumb? Why don't you just click on text instead? 

Edited by GrimReaper

CarlosLima

Hi,
When resetting the ES the code worked perfectly.
The customer prefers to click on the image where the player button was. Some prefer to click on the image and few click on the episode synopsis text.
Very grateful for all your help in creating the code.

• Like 1