Android 3.2.95 can‘t automatically display full screen

I have tried and it will automatically display full screen. But before version 3.2.92, as long as I clicked on play, it would automatically display in full screen, regardless of whether my phone was landscape  orientation or Vertical   orientation。I uploaded a mobile phone vertical screen operation video for version 3.2.92。

8 hours ago, 375088843 said:

I have tried and it will automatically display full screen. But before version 3.2.92, as long as I clicked on play, it would automatically display in full screen, regardless of whether my phone was landscape  orientation or Vertical   orientation。I uploaded a mobile phone vertical screen operation video for version 3.2.92。

Yes and this was changed so that you could play with whatever orientation you want.

neik
53 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes and this was changed so that you could play with whatever orientation you want.

Not sure I find that good tbh.

I always have auto-rotate deactivated on my phone and if I got it right it would mean that all my files will start in the wrong position?!

Edit: How is this handled in devices like Shield?

Edited by neik

Can you add a settings button in the settings menu to set this operation? As my usual habit, my phone always maintains a vertical screen and the rotating screen buttons remain turned off. The changes in the new version are a bit inconvenient for users like me.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 375088843 said:

Can you add a settings button in the settings menu to set this operation? As my usual habit, my phone always maintains a vertical screen and the rotating screen buttons remain turned off. The changes in the new version are a bit inconvenient for users like me.

So you watch video sideways?

What I mean is to add a setting button in the EMBY settings to allow users to choose the default fixed playback screen direction, which can be changed without following the system screen rotation.

You still don't understand what I mean. I just want to keep the same as version 3.2.92, which will automatically play full screen. If not, could you add another setting function to control full screen playback instead of following the phone to rotate the screen to achieve full screen playback. If not, then I can only keep it at version 3.2.92

I understand you, however, I'm just trying to understand what you're doing. The video is still fullscreen just like before, it's just that it doesn't force rotation to landscape.

Are you saying you want to hold your phone portrait and watch them sideways in landscape? Because that's what it was before.

22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you want to hold the phone portrait and have it play landscape?

Yes, just like version 3.2.92, forcing landscape playback

28 minutes ago, 375088843 said:

Yes, just like version 3.2.92, forcing landscape playback

Curious, why do you hold it portrait but view ur landscape?

neik
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

Curious, why do you hold it portrait but view ur landscape?

Are we really discussing this?

Who in this world wants to watch a movie in portrait instead of landscape?

If the video is recorded in portrait then yes it definitely makes sense to play it in portrait  but for the most movies/series this is not the case.

Imo how YouTube handles this is probably the best way, portrait videos are displayed in portrait and all other "normal" videos are just played in landscape.

Edit: Maybe you can also answer my question regarding how you handle this on TV devices like the Shield?

Edited by neik

4 minutes ago, neik said:

Are we really discussing this?

Who in this world wants to watch a movie in portrait instead of landscape?

If the video is recorded in portrait then yes it definitely makes sense to play it in portrait  but for the most movies/series this is not the case.

Imo how YouTube handles this is probably the best way, portrait videos are displayed in portrait and all other "normal" videos are just played in landscape.

Edit: Maybe you can also answer my question regarding how you handle this on TV devices like the Shield?

I’m just trying to learn what the use case is because if you’re going to rotate the device to watch in landscape then the player will automatically rotate as well.

So that’s why I’m asking the question if you’re wanting to hold the phone in portrait while the video is playing in landscape.

neik
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

I’m just trying to learn what the use case is because if you’re going to rotate the device to watch in landscape then the player will automatically rotate as well.

Can't confirm that, for me it does not rotate when I move the my phone to landscape.

It only rotates when auto-rotate is activated on the phone which in my case it never is.

pwhodges

So you want Emby to rotate when rotation is disabled, then?

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

neik

Yes, I want exactly that as I don't want to watch a movie/series in portrait, does anyone really want that?

The only time I would want it to stay in portrait is when a video was taken in portrait mode but this does not apply to any movie/series I know of and this is what Emby is mainly used for I'm tempted to say...

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:09 AM, Luke said:

This should be resolved in 3.2.97+. Thanks.

Great, I downloaded the latest version and this issue has been resolved.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 375088843 said:

Great, I downloaded the latest version and this issue has been resolved.

But a bug was discovered, as long as you click the lock screen button and then unlock it again, the automatic direction change will become invalid

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 12:09 AM, Luke said:

This should be resolved in 3.2.97+. Thanks.

However, this problem still exists in the latest version 2.2.13 on IOS. We hope it can be solved as soon as possible!

• Thanks 1