Can not change settings in app version 1.5.3

lejared

lejared

When I try to change the settings in the settings menu of the latest app (v1.5.3) a new kind of popup menu appears which can not be navigated with the Samsung remote at all. Every Key you press on the remote either does nothing or skips to an other control in the background. The popup seems to not get input focus.

So, I cannot make any changes to these settings now. Which is quite unpleasant, because, as you know, you have to uninstall the old app first in order to install the latest version, and then reapply all settings manually.

IMG_1088.thumb.JPG.688efd09d0d018ccef878dd7b71036dd.JPG

TV is a 2017 Samsung MU8009.

Edited by lejared

Hi, we'll take a look at this, but just for others reading:

you have to uninstall the old app first in order to install the latest version, and then reapply all settings manually.

This isn't true. Some have reported that they need to do this, but most can just install over the top. Thanks.

SamES

@lejared, can you please do a quick test for me?  During playback, when you press the enter/OK key on the remote, does it pause and unpause playback, or does it do nothing?  Thanks

lejared

I’ve just tried that and unfortunately it does nothing. Only the play/pause button on the remote will pause/unpause. 

• Thanks 1

SamES
51 minutes ago, lejared said:

I’ve just tried that and unfortunately it does nothing. Only the play/pause button on the remote will pause/unpause. 

OK, thanks.  That confirms for me that this issue and your original issue have already been resolved for the next release.  They're both caused by the same issue which I fixed last week.

• Like 1

FrostByte
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this, but just for others reading:

This isn't true. Some have reported that they need to do this, but most can just install over the top. Thanks.

This is true for USB installs though.  Everyone who installs from usb when there is already a usb version installed has to uninstall first.   That is the way it has always been.

Only the online version allows you to upgrade over it.  

This has something to do with Samsung only allowing one developer app to be installed at a time no matter which app it is.  For some reason it checks that before checking to see if it's an upgrade of the developer app which is already installed.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

lejared

I've just tested the version from your zip file and it works fine regarding the settings menu and also the enter/ok button does pause/unpause video playback again.

(Photo quality is still bad though. But I think this version was not supposed to fix that)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2