So the time has come to do the Monogatari series anime...

Gutsberzerk

Gutsberzerk

I don't even wanna start to try sort this out 🤣, can someone give me some pointers lmao. I'd like to have everything contained in the same folder if possible, so 'Monogatari Series' then within that, all of the different seasons & movies. How have others done it? Thank you.

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Gutsberzerk said:

can someone give me some pointers

@pwhodgeslikely could, as that is his trademark™ series. 

pwhodges

I have described several times my attempts to deal with this series.  The early ones were good, but broke Emby's naming rules and eventually would no longer work, so it's not worth searching for them.

At present I use TVDB's "DVD order" - but this still presents the second season as a unit, even though my (UK) DVDs don't!  

My ideal would be to use TVDB's "Book order", but Emby have not yet implemented the collection of what the API calls "alternate order" (I think) - in spite of regular prods (like this!).  When they were using the API v3 I think that wasn't possible - but now we are on API v4 (as I understand it), it should now be.

There's an open feature request which would love your support:

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

but Emby have not yet implemented the collection of what the API calls "alternative order" (I think) - in spite of regular prods (like this!)

There was one FR just yesterday, though I've pointed it to a different topic:

pwhodges

There are currently three FR threads for this which should perhaps be combined if that's possible.  It seems that I linked the the one of them which is closed, which is also the one with most support...!

Paul

GrimReaper

I've left topics unmerged due to topic Titles for better Search results returned, but have left open the one that covers it best/most appropriately titled (and coincidentally the oldest) and locked the other two with links to the original topic.