Synology DS923+ Problem with Metadata saver

SHill

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the metadata saver on my emby server on a new DS923+. I think I've set up everything correctly to save nfo files in the local media files.

The server is on the same volume as my media library and I have granted the emby user read write permission for the relevant shared folders.

The library seems to scan fine but when I edit the metadata in the web app an empty nfo file is saved in the local media folder and the log generates "error in metadata saver" "stream does not support writing" (log attached). If I try to edit the metadata a second time with the empty nfo still in the media folder the error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I think the issue is similar to that posted by Skyblade:

embyserver.txt

but I am not sure of the solution - mainly because I am a newbie to NAS and in particular synology!

Any, very patient(!), help gratefully accepted!

Hi, if you want to use nfo saving then you'll need to ensure the server has write access to your media folders. I would check out this help article and see if it helps:

Thanks.

THANK YOU!!

I had the correct folder access but stupidly I had set up the library as a network folder! It's on the same device as the server! *DOH*! Definitely put that one down to "user error"! ;)

• Thanks 1