QNAP TS 464

Fixodent66

Fixodent66

On the on the QNAP ts 464 as it has great reviews. Upon looking at the downloads section I’m a bit confused on which download version to use. It has a intel Celeron N5095

• 2 weeks later...
Fixodent66

Very pleased. I added 2 m.2 nvme 500gb in raid 1 for cache, 4 8tb Seagate Iron wolf for media and 2 8gb crucial memory. This thing is fast and transcodes great. Now for the cons "well in my case the unknowns"

1. Setup time between initializing drives, transferring 6tb of media took a full day

2 Remaining volume size went from 32gb down to usable 17.1gb after raid 5 setup, and other previsions  

3. Emby media scan took forever, about 4hrs, made sure chapter markers were disabled , may have been because I was still transferring media to my tv shows folder?

But in all I am very pleased with the speed and playback, handles all my media without a hitch including UHD HDR rips and fast forwarding, chapter skip, resume all working great. I should have done this a long time ago.

• Thanks 1

markand

Transferring that much data does take a long time. I migrated from a TVS-872XT, which was a much larger, more expensive NAS that unfortunately died. Luckily, I bought this, installed the drives and was up and running fast. So I had an existing Emby setup and I also don't 6 TB of media! 🙂

I've been very happy with it and glad things are woking for you.

Btw, are you running 5.0 or 5.1?

Fixodent66

Running latest firmware  QTS 5.0.1.2376 , would have been nice that with upgraded memory I could have the option for QuTS Hero 

markand

I also have 16GB. I took the memory from the old NAS and moved it to this one. I hadn’t thought about QuTS Hero as my OS was also from the old unit. Also, not sure how things like Emu have been tested against that. 

I too am using the 5.0 branch. Will wait a little before moving to 5.1.