Cannot Change Servers

jprobins007

jprobins007

Recently I migrated my Emby server to a new NAS, but still kept the old one running until I had worked out all the kinks in the new one. I am using the latest version of Emby for QNAP. On the Android mobile app, if I go to change server, it shows me both servers. But when I choose the new server and sign in, it opens like it is starting the new server. However, I can see from the content and organization that it is actually the old server. I have tried this multiple times, using Emby connect, manual login, saved user. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Each time the result is the same. I am having the exact same issue with the Samsung TV app and Emby web. I am using emby for Android version 3.2.92. Everything works fine on my home network. This issue is happening remotely. I suspect I am missing something basic. Please help.

jprobins007

I have just noticed that, although the servers have different LAN addresses, they have the same WAN address. Same user names as well. I did a backup of the old server configuration and restored to the new server.

1 hour ago, jprobins007 said:

I have just noticed that, although the servers have different LAN addresses, they have the same WAN address. Same user names as well. I did a backup of the old server configuration and restored to the new server.

Hi, if you can’t tell which one is the new one, then you might just want to remove both from the app and then do a new manual server connection. Please see if that helps.

pwhodges
4 hours ago, jprobins007 said:

There are two ways for two servers to be accessible on your WAN address simultaneously:

(1) Use different ports, and set up the port forwarding appropriately.  This is perhaps best done manually in the router setup; if you are relying on uPNP port mapping, then at least you will have to change the ports in one of the Emby server's own network configurations as well so that the two mappings can be generated without confusion.

(2) Define two different subdomain names in your DNS to use for the two Emby servers, and install a reverse proxy which can then use the request name to route each request to the required server.

There are forum thread about these things, but I'm sure we can give you more guidance if this just sounds like gobbledegook to you.

Paul

• Agree 1

jprobins007
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you can’t tell which one is the new one, then you might just want to remove both from the app and then do a new manual server connection. Please see if that helps.

I did attempt this, but received could not connect errors when manually entering the server address.

jprobins007

I changed the port number of the new server as you suggested. Now, it works seamlessly. Thank you tremendously. As usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1