Live TV on Amazon Fire TV 4

kpirnie
Go to solution Solved by arrbee99,

kpirnie

So... I think I may just be confused.  The description of the app here: https://www.amazon.com/Emby-for-Fire-TV/dp/B00VVJKTW8

States:

Watch Live TV (with installed live tv provider)

I have an Emby server (and am lifetime licensed), with which I stream some IPTV.  The content from my Emby server works just fine, however, my OTA Antenna Live TV does not show. (the antenna is connected to the TV, and I can watch my OTA channels, just not in the Emby app...)

Am I just understanding that description point wrong? Or am I missing somewhere in the app that I need to configure to get it to show my OTA Antenna Live TV?

• Solution
arrbee99

I presume you need to connect your antenna to your Emby server somehow. Personally I have TV via satellite and have a tuner card for DVB-S (S as in satellite) in my main PC / Emby server for that. You might need a HDHomerun or something to achieve similar.

kpirnie
11 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

I presume you need to connect your antenna to your Emby server somehow. Personally I have TV via satellite and have a tuner card for DVB-S (S as in satellite) in my main PC / Emby server for that. You might need a HDHomerun or something to achieve similar.

I thought that may be the case

I was just confused because I "ass-u-me'd" that since there are 2 versions of the client app... 1 is Android, and the other is Amazon Fire... which shows that "Watch Live TV" line in the description, where the android app doesn't... so, I thought (hoped) it was built-in since there is already a tuner built into the TV ;) 

My father has a HDHomeRun and loves it, and I've been thinking about grabbing a USB tuner (just not Haupaug) for my server...  I had a setup like that previously, where I was using NextPVR as the backend for the live TV, and Emby as the client for both that and the IPTV, but it wasn't an ideal setup...