SWAG/NGINX working on beta version of Android app only?

kbbles

kbbles

hi all, I've been working on getting my emby secured over WAN and SWAG/NGINX works great... but, it doesn't work on my Android phone unless I install the beta version of the app (3.2.92). if I don't use the beta, typing in my domain causes it to instantaneously say "Connection failed" seemingly no matter what.

is this normal? if not, is there anything I need to be doing differently? or, is this maybe just a problem solved in the latest beta, but not in the latest non-beta? thanks in advance!

(originally posted on reddit)

kbbles

unfortunately I don't remember. since you mentioned version numbers though: I went back to the play store, disabled the beta, reinstalled, and now that's working as well (it also says 3.2.92 now). maybe I had an out-of-date version? I'm (what feels like) one of the few people who really enjoy updating things so I always keep my apps up-to-date, I believe I last updated my android apps a day ago. as long as it works, I'm happy, just... confused 😅 maybe my testing while setting up SWAG caused the app to bork and reinstalling fixed that?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kbbles said:

unfortunately I don't remember. since you mentioned version numbers though: I went back to the play store, disabled the beta, reinstalled, and now that's working as well (it also says 3.2.92 now). maybe I had an out-of-date version? I'm (what feels like) one of the few people who really enjoy updating things so I always keep my apps up-to-date, I believe I last updated my android apps a day ago. as long as it works, I'm happy, just... confused 😅 maybe my testing while setting up SWAG caused the app to bork and reinstalling fixed that?

Hi, I'm not sure but am glad to hear about your success. Thanks.

• Like 1