Make a Series show up twice in the library?

Kandidat1999

Kandidat1999

Hi guys, I want to bring my Star Wars Library in chronicle order, here is my problem though, Number 3 , 4 and 6 should be basically The Clone Wars movie at 3, The Clone Wars Series S01-S07 until Episode 9 should be number 4 and then after the Sith Movie at Number 5, there should be the Rest of the Clone Wars S07 Episode 10-12 at Number 6.

I had created a:

Folder for the Movie called

Star Wars The Clone Wars

Folder for the Series S01- S07 until Episode 9 called:

Star Wars The Clone Wars (2008)

Folder for the Rest of the Series S07 Episode 10 -12 called:

Star Wars The Clone Wars 2008

So here is my problem, although I used 3 different folders, It's still shown as 1 Series in my Library, the Movie as a Special and the Series although 2 Folders shown as 1, is there a way I can separate this into 3 Folders? 

Screenshot 2023-04-13 122401.jpg

Edited by Kandidat1999

GrimReaper

Name all three folders: Star Wars The Clone Wars (2008). 

Name movie as SWtCW S00E01. 

Disable "Automatically merge series spread accross multiple folders" library option. 

Run Scan media library scheduled task. 

(Might be required to take all three folders out of your TV shows root, scan library, put then back, Scan again). 

But for your usage case, you don't need to split the series into multiple folders, just add movies as Specials (strm) and ensure their playback position within regular season by its metadata (Edit Metadata>Airs during season/Airs before episode).

Edit: Just saw your edit and attached image. Thought you were referring to SWtCW series movie, not actual SW movie. In that case you would only want two folders for SWtCW series. Use Sort title metadata fields to arrange movies/shows sequence as desired. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

Kandidat1999

Hmm, I don't find that Automatically merge series setting in my Star Wars Library, is this something you see only once on setup of the Library? I mean I run Emby in german, but there is no Setting that would come close verbage wise.

Edit, I think I found it, this option is only available for Series Libraries, when I set up the Library as Mixed Content, that option is not available.

Edited by Kandidat1999

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Edit, I think I found it, this option is only available for TV Content Libraries, when I set up the Library as Mixed Content, that option is not available.

Yes, if Mixed Content it ain't available. Then the only way to achieve desired outcome is through Collection, with SWtCW being in TV show type library where it could be split. 

Or add movies as unknown Specials (as strm files) and fill/copy metadata manually. 

GrimReaper

So just to confirm, sequence (as I understood it) should be:

1. The Clone Wars movie (animated) 

2. The Clone Wars series S01E01-S07E09 

3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 

4. The Clone Wars series - rest 

Kandidat1999
53 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

So just to confirm, sequence (as I understood it) should be:

1. The Clone Wars movie (animated) 

2. The Clone Wars series S01E01-S07E09 

3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 

4. The Clone Wars series - rest 

Yes that should be the order right after the first two Star Wars Episodes , so technically it would be 3, 4, and 6 

1.Episode 1

2.Episode 2

3.Star Wars Clone Wars Animated Movie

4. Star Wars Clone Wars Series S01 - S07 Ep.9

5. Star Wars Revenge of the Sith 

6. Star Wars Clone Wars Series S07 Ep 10-12

That should be the first 6, after that its easy.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Yes that should be the order right after the first two Star Wars Episodes , so technically it would be 3, 4, and 6 

1.Episode 1

2.Episode 2

3.Star Wars Clone Wars Animated Movie

4. Star Wars Clone Wars Series S01 - S07 Ep.9

5. Star Wars Revenge of the Sith 

6. Star Wars Clone Wars Series S07 Ep 10-12

That should be the first 6, after that its easy.

Then AFAIK you can't get them displayed as such in Mixed content library (though you can get them played in that sequence, with a bit of manual shuffling). Was toying with <CollapseVideoFolders> and <CollapseSingleItemFolders> (system.xml and library options.xml), just can't get that series to be tripled, it always gets merged. Maybe @Happy2Playwill have some additional idea. 

As it stands currently, Collection is the only option I can think of for the items to be presented as desired. 

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Then the only way to achieve desired outcome is through Collection, with SWtCW being in TV show type library where it could be split

Edited by GrimReaper

Kandidat1999

So I did it exactly the way you suggested and of course it works :) Thanks for this workaround

image.thumb.png.31c32d3456055087f689055b97b8a8b9.png

• Like 1