SETTING UP EMBY ON TRUENAS SCALE

SiRkNiGhT115
Go to solution Solved by SiRkNiGhT115,

SiRkNiGhT115

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me out? I am still new to all of this but I have loaded Emby on Truenas Core before and never had any issues at all. I upgraded to Truesnas scale the last couple of days because i having an issue with Emby and Truenas, short story with this which I found out was the CMOS battery was bad !! well now i have loaded Truenas scale and unable to setup Emby. Emby loads in truenas but I can't get anything to show my media at all. Is there a good solid tutorial out there which can help me out? I was reading it was an issue with Truenas Scale permissions and datasets but i still can't get it to go. Emby is online but can't see none of my Media at all, i keep going back and forward but nothing works at all. I will take any advise someone can give me. Thank you for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

hi @SiRkNiGhT115are you still having an issue with this? Can you please describe your issue in more detail? Have you setup your libraries in Emby library setup? Are you able to complete a library scan?

SiRkNiGhT115

Hello Luke,

Sorry I been working alot and have not had time to reply back to you. I did load Emby onto Truenas but I am having trouble setting it up, I think I am doing something wrong with the host path and the Pod? which I think Pod is where Emby is looking at? I try using the old Host Path which worked for the Old Emby setup in truenas core but truenas scale does not like it. I think it is because its a smb shares? I am not to sure? so I was looking for a tutorial on how to setup Emby on Turenas scale? I got one file to show in Emby but it does not update at all and now I forgot how I did this? I'm all over the place with this! I had Emby down for two weeks and have not made process on it. All of this started because of the CMOS battery going bad on the computer and I updated the software and now im trying to figure out how to setup Emby again! I am going to work on it again and see what i can do but if you have any information on how to setup Emby on truenas scale please let me know, I did find some information on the forums but it just confuse me more ! so i am looking for a step by step setup, thanks for answering me back.

SiRkNiGhT115

I think I might have found out what I did wrong ! I got some of my movies showing up! I will try to mess with it more and I might just make a tutorial online right here so people can see it.

• Solution
SiRkNiGhT115

So here is what I did so far so I can get my Movies and Tv shows to come back, I hope this helps out other people but so far this works for me but I have not added my users yet or config everything else in Emby just yet but I made some head way on this issue for me. I took some screenshot of my setting so I hoping this help out someone but I still wanted to config. permission and ACL on Truenas Scale. 

1. I had Emby running on Truenas Core with no issue for years until I upgraded my system to Truenas Scale, my mistake was adding the host path that I shared with SMB to Emby from Truenas Core. It looks like Truenas Scale does not like this on Emby so I had to turn off SMB and then added it to Emby host path in order for this work again on Emby, so lets start by adding Emby software to Truenas Scale: Which you see I already installed it but don't have it running at this time so I can config the rest of the stuff.

downloademby.thumb.gif.02bce8f659a136d0fc9b257e225e52ae.gif

2. I login into Emby by the 3 dots just in case people don't know and bring up the config window for Emby. and started setting up Emby by enable host Network

downloadembysetup.thumb.gif.fb8b8600972babbcbc71c2516e6ab855.gif

3. The next step I did was was setup the path for Emby Config Volume which I already did before I loaded Emby onto Truenas Scale, so I pointed and enable the host path for Emby server config volume on my truenas scale to /mnt/HOME/Emby

downloadembysetup2.thumb.gif.64f44e99b89af60d56318db2a39b1820.gif

4. I then setup the Emby Server Extra Host Path Volumes and here is where I ran into trouble !! The "Mount Path in Pod" is what you are going to see when you add the fold to Emby when you have it running but the most important part is this: "HOST PATH" this is where your Movies or Tv shows are at in SMB or where ever you had it before ! BUT before you do this !!! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SMB SHARES OFF !! OR TURN IT OFF !! BEFORE YOU ADD THIS PATH ONTO EMBY !! SO TURN IT OFF !!! 

downloadembysetup3.thumb.gif.16dbe19a8df2af14255b2522b0f9520c.gif

5. Just in case you dont' know where to turn it OFF, I will show you, its under SHARES and just disenable it so you can added this to the host path,  SO TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU ADDED THIS TO EMBY ! this should be STEP 1 but I am doing this on the FLY right now!  again TURN IT OFF !!!

downloadembysetup6.thumb.gif.0372e0d9a655a5a72071b1acb65e005a.gif

6. Here are some of the Paths I have on Turenas Scale and these are just examples of my setup and again i am trying to setup ownership and permission on my end but will do this on another day, but these are just examples!

downloadembysetup5.thumb.gif.7bae87fd327256b10f71eef608a51796.gif

7. Once you turn it off we can continue on with the setup on Emby and we are going to SAVE the setting on Emby. The rest of the information I left the same and have not change anything yet.

downloadembysetup4.thumb.gif.c4a3b42020c4ac5bb9c1bb8d377a3c89.gif

8. I am going to mess around with the setting to give permission and ACL and added addition information on the "Environment Variables for Emby Server" at a later time but this got my movies and TV show showing up on Emby again so I made some head way on this and happy for now!! I will give it some more time later on this week and setup my user on Emby ! but I hope this help out someone and gets them started on seeing there movies and show again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...