Can’t cast my TV anymore

CavTG

Hi! I’ve got a raspberry pi 2 with Emby Theatre installed and I’ve been able to find it and cast to it without issues until today, the name was “Emby “something” - DLNA server”. Today I tried to cast to it and it didn’t come up, whereafter I restarted the pi and tried casting to it, although this time the name was changed to the name of the Pi and then Emby Theatre, nothing about DLNA. I then got a prompt for Premiere which I bought, but of course I can’t play media with the Pi 2 as it’s more of a slideshow than a movie. Now my question is this, how do I return it to its previous “chrome cast” like state? Where it was actually usable?

OK, do you want to cast to Emby Theater, or do you want to cast to DLNA? If it's DLNA, what DLNA device do you want to receive the cast?

8 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, do you want to cast to Emby Theater, or do you want to cast to DLNA? If it's DLNA, what DLNA device do you want to receive the cast?

I need to cast to DLNA. The DLNA device should be the same device that I have Theatre on, I can’t use it as normal since the video playback is around 3 FPS

Do you have the DLNA features enabled in Emby Server DLNA settings?

What DLNA software do you have on the device? Is that started up and running when you try to cast from Emby?

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you have the DLNA features enabled in Emby Server DLNA settings?

What DLNA software do you have on the device? Is that started up and running when you try to cast from Emby?

I do have the DLNA features enabled but no DLNA software on the device. Everything that is on the device is just the Raspberry Pi image for the Emby Theatre ISO.

3 hours ago, CavTG said:

I do have the DLNA features enabled but no DLNA software on the device. Everything that is on the device is just the Raspberry Pi image for the Emby Theatre ISO.

You need to have a DLNA media renderer on the device. That's how DLNA works. The server is acting as the controller, and the dmr (digital media renderer) is the player. That's if you want to play using DLNA. So you need to install software onto the Pi to do that if that's what you want.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

You need to have a DLNA media renderer on the device. That's how DLNA works. The server is acting as the controller, and the dmr (digital media renderer) is the player. That's if you want to play using DLNA. So you need to install software onto the Pi to do that if that's what you want.

Alright, I'm just confused as to how it worked earlier... Previously it just showed up, nothing has changed firmware wise on the raspberry that I know of. But the fact that it worked as a charm before but now is a slideshow after playing videos through the Pi instead of the TV is the confusing part and the part that I just don't understand. Do you have any idea why that is?

3 hours ago, Luke said:

What TV is it? Maybe you were actually casting to the TV's dlna feature.

That might be the case, strange that it said Emby though... Nevermind, I just installed the Samsung TV app (well done btw, works like a charm and looks awesome) and all my troubles have gone away. One tip though, explain like I am five when you're giving instructions, is a good way to give intstructions. Writing "export to USB root folder" just made me question my whole IT life. Didn't know I had to "double" export it either but nevermind it works now. Thank you! 

• Thanks 1