Sorting collections by date of last movie added

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141

Having collections gets very confusing for some of my users because if they have their library set to sort by "date added" in order to show the newest movies first, they will not see some of the latest movies because they were added to an existing collection.  Sorting by "date added" just sorts by the date the collection was created.  Would it be possible to sort collections by "Date of last addition" or something similar?  I like the collections feature, but when the newest movies "disappear" into a collection down the list somewhere it makes it confusing for many users.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

GrimReaper

That makes sense, in line with sort by "Last episode date added" for TV shows (which are 'collections' by itself), and which relates to content contained within, not TV show itself. 

• Confused 1

wakeboarder141
3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That makes sense, in line with sort by "Last episode date added" for TV shows (which are 'collections' by itself), and which relates to content contained within, not TV show itself. 

Exactly.  That makes a lot more sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
eightoftwelve

I am trying to make sense of this issue.   I also have an issue where when I add a new movie that is part of an existing collection and then I view movies by date added, it does not show the collection in the correct spot.

I recently wrote a script to iterate through all the collections (boxsets) and find the latest datecreated field for each movie and then update the datecreated field in the associated boxset, ie collection.    Surprisingly, this had no impact.

The collections sorted by dateadded now show the collections in the correct order, but not in the movies sort by dateadded list.

It is as if the showing of collections in with movies places the collection in the order of the earliest movie datecreated in the collection, rather than the latest movie datecreated in the collection.   It does not appear to use the datecreated field for the collection at all.

If I am right, then this might be a relatively easy feature to implement as only the returned date needs to be fixed.

If I am wrong, can you point me in the right direction why my changes have no effect.   I have also tried changing the date added for the collection in the gui and it also had the same effect.

Scotty 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
hoopsdavis
On 7/2/2023 at 11:55 PM, Luke said:

HI, we are looking into improving this. Thanks.

Has there been any movement on this subject?   You've mentioned working on it back in July but it seems there has been no progress.    I do understand that some request can't be address due to many reasons (breaking another option of the config isni't possible, not complaining just asking due to this being an issue for me also.)