Admin password is no longer accepted by Emby

D1sk

Emby runs on a Synology Nas. The Nas was switched from a fixed ip to DHCP so that my Asus router assigns the ip.
Since then I can no longer log in with the admin password. The password has always been stored in the password safe and was transferred by copy past. In the sense no way to forget it to change it or make tip error. What can be the reason that the admin password is no longer accepted?

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, D1sk said:

The Nas was switched from a fixed ip to DHCP so that my Asus router assigns the ip.

Why don't you reserve DHCP IP or set a static IP for your NAS and keep it out of your router's DHCP pool? 

In any case, IP change should not prevent you to login with admin account. Have you tried following "Forgot Password" procedure? 

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Why don't you reserve DHCP IP or set a static IP for your NAS and keep it out of your router's DHCP pool? 

In any case, IP change should not prevent you to login with admin account. Have you tried following "Forgot Password" procedure? 

I wanted to change the default ip 192.168.0.1 to something not so common and manage it from the Asus router on which I also ran wireguard. Reason if I am in another e.g. country it can come to complications vpn and standard gateway. A And yes I have assigned the Asus router the IP he should give the Nas. It is not so that this now constantly changes.

Have you tried following "Forgot Password" procedure? No I have not, I do not know it at all. I will follow that for sure, I just want to understand how it can be that an Admin Pw suddenly no longer works?

GrimReaper

Is that local or remote connection? Are you trying to log in with your local user credentials or linked Emby Connect account? As said, don't see how IP change could result in your password being rejected - is it correct password for sure? 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, GrimReaper said:

Is that local or remote connection? Are you trying to log in with your local user credentials or linked Emby Connect account? As said, don't see how IP change could result in your password being rejected - is it correct password for sure? 

I have tried both remotely and locally.
But anyway, I have now reset the admin pw.
thx for the help

• Thanks 1