Auto rename media file (title,...) from video signal

hadr0n

hadr0n

Hi,

I was just wondering after spending a few weeks renaming my media library to match Emby naming requirements if there exists some tools / app / emby plugin that would identify a media file from the file content (in case it is not clear from the file name and/or the metadata)? I.e. that would be able to name properly a file following emby naming scheme even if the initial file name is random? It seems to be possible to identify a movie or a TV show from the video signal itself (basically like Shazam does for music).

I know there already exists tools to rename batch of files following some rules or that would reformat the file name, but these tools seem to rely on finding title, year etc from the filename itself - not from the video signal.

Thanks!

hadr0n

Thanks, that's what I thought. I was thinking to develop such a service during my free time. I would be curious to know if there would be some interest in the community for such a service.

lorac

If you download media using one of the *arr apps they can do this for you. If they are already downloaded and obfuscated then it would be more difficult. Not sure if that helps. 

hadr0n

Interesting, never heard about these sonarr /radarr apps before, could be useful for the future indeed.

• Like 1