Asustor AS6510T - Emby Autostart?

blumamba

blumamba

Good day to my fellow emby users.  I have been a long long time user and have no issues with a pc server set up.  I set up an asustor as6510t nas for a friend and didnt think much of it as it was all the same.  Until I got to his house to setup an older laptop (which has no bearing here) as the emby app was installed on the nas and set up.  I did not catch there wasnt an auto start up like on the pc version.  Since It was an older pc that i installed win10 on, I didnt catch it disabled the lan untill I plugged it in to his switch....thats when I discovered the nas not running the emby server app so I couldnt set up his shield or xbox because I couldnt get into the nas to start it. Now, that being said I cant hook up his starlink yet to complete the wired lan thus why wifi wont work either.

Did I miss the auto start up when the nas boots up or is that something I have to manually do?  It will be used on the lan only with Nvidia shields,xbox, and some smart tv's.  The laptop is only used to transfer media and is not setup as the server so thats why I stated it has no bearing.

If I do have to manually set it up to auto start with the bootup of the nas, how do I do that?

For the record I love Emby!!

Jägs

To be clear, are you asking about having Emby Server automatically start when your ASUSTOR NAS reboots?  It should do this automatically unless you shut it down before rebooting from App Central.  To test this, reboot your NAS, wait 5 or so minutes until after it has rebooted, and launch App Central.  It should show a power-on icon similar to this:

Screenshot2023-04-11at20_37_52.png.8023f31cee13ca6940b5a07420662190.png

If it does not show as "on," you might consider reinstalling it.

• Thanks 1