Emby 4.7.11.0 Shield: Offline transcoding never finishes successfuly

alexpunga148

alexpunga148
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what error do you mean?

In the end of log there is "Conversion failed". When I'm playing video through dlna with transcoding, video ends earlier. When I try to pre-transcode video, it just shows that coversion failed. In the log it's the same error

alexpunga148
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok we’ll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

Also you can see that transcoding fallbacks to software transcoding. That happens every time when transcoding preventively. Dlna and emby client works with hardware acceleration

• Thanks 1

alexpunga148

@LukeUPD: Transcoding fails when using .ts container. When using .mkv container hardware acceleration fails, but video is transcoding successfully. The same is for dlna: I'm using dlna on ps4, it's profile uses .ts as video container and it fails at the end of movie, so that results in not finishing movie. I tried to change container to .mkv for ps4 dlna profile and the issue is the same, too. Hardware transcode fails and fallbacks to software. While this happens, ps4 media player crashes, so .mkv container is unusable in dlna(at least for ps4)

• 1 month later...

@alexpunga148are you able to try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares? Please note you can't roll back from 4.8 to 4.7, so you may want to look at the testing area first to get a feel for reported issues. Thanks !

alexpunga148
On 13/05/2023 at 08:41, Luke said:

@alexpunga148are you able to try the 4.8 beta server and see how that compares? Please note you can't roll back from 4.8 to 4.7, so you may want to look at the testing area first to get a feel for reported issues. Thanks !

I tried the latest beta version. Nothing is changed

ffmpeg-transcode-54e37e20-bba8-4db9-90aa-847cf3d634fb_1.txt

rbjtech

I expect it is simply timing out.

You attempting to transcode a 4K file at only 5 fps - ie 20% of real-time ...  a 2hr film is going to take 10 Hours .. 🤔

Your hardware is not powerful enough to realistically do this ...

Edited by rbjtech

alexpunga148
11 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I expect it is simply timing out.

You attempting to transcode a 4K file at only 5 fps - ie 20% of real-time ...  a 2hr film is going to take 10 Hours .. 🤔

Your hardware is not powerful enough to realistically do this ...

4K file can be transcoded at real time speed if hardware acceleration will be working. Also choosing .mkv container makes conversion successful even at 5fps speed, but .ts container does not even at x6 speed

ffmpeg-transcode-be36fbb9-01b5-42bc-9125-5cbe0fd8f768_1.txt

alexpunga148
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@alexpunga148 does this help? Why not play using an Emby app that can direct play the video without transcoding?

That's mostly because of PS4 which does not support h265 files. So 4K HEVC videos should be transcoded. Normally, SHIELD is capable to do that online, if there are no background tasks. Also I prefer using PS4 media player and DLNA instead of browser app because PS4 browser is pretty laggy. Because transcoding and player controls cannot work together, I have to transcode preventively

alexpunga148

@rbjtechalso I found that this bug is present when I watch a movie or series with 1080p resolution or less with transcoding. The player closes before the title really ends. Some low resolution series are closed even at the middle, because of very fast transcoding

fuorigioco1971

i dont know if its the correct thread... in my house  i have set up emby server on my pc to access my HDD's with all my movies etc. on my mobile phone with the emby app i can see and WATCH my files even outside my house ( i have set up the ports etc) the problem  in  the last 2 days is that in my house i have nvidia shield media player where i cant WATCH  the movies,series because it asks for emby premiere.till last week i could.any ideas?

3 hours ago, fuorigioco1971 said:

i dont know if its the correct thread... in my house  i have set up emby server on my pc to access my HDD's with all my movies etc. on my mobile phone with the emby app i can see and WATCH my files even outside my house ( i have set up the ports etc) the problem  in  the last 2 days is that in my house i have nvidia shield media player where i cant WATCH  the movies,series because it asks for emby premiere.till last week i could.any ideas?

Hi.  Some of our apps require either Premiere or a one-time unlock for playback.  Thanks.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

• Like 1

fuorigioco1971

after a while when wan ip (public ip) changed i suddenly cant access my server from outside my home.if i buy emby premiere or unlock emby app individually will it fix the problem or i have to do something with dynDNS?

42 minutes ago, fuorigioco1971 said:

after a while when wan ip (public ip) changed i suddenly cant access my server from outside my home.if i buy emby premiere or unlock emby app individually will it fix the problem or i have to do something with dynDNS?

• Like 1